NASCAR fans...

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
do you get irritated with people who say "I could do that"? my friend tells me that this weekend and I went into this long rant about how its not just about driving the car, and that different teams have different engines, gas mileage comes into play, etc etc, it just seriously irritates me that people think these drivers just sit in the car and turn the wheel

anyhoo, wasn't that a nasty wreck Reutimann had?!
thank goodness for safety measures
and I felt so bad for Harvick
dang tire!

Congrats to Kenseth though, he's the only Roush driver I can stand
plus his wife's name is Katie and he has cats

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I pretty much lost interest in Nascar when David Pearson retired...he and Richard Petty used to duke it out the last 20 laps of nearly every race.

Does that make me sound old?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skippymjp

I pretty much lost interest in Nascar when David Pearson retired...he and Richard Petty used to duke it out the last 20 laps of nearly every race.

Does that make me sound old?
not at all!! they don't really let the drivers duke it out anymore though, NASCAR has become very PC in the last few years, there's still some excitement to be found though

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not your daddy's NASCAR anymore.... pitiful crowd yesterday, they need the Rock back. And North Wilkesboro too...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

It's not your daddy's NASCAR anymore.... pitiful crowd yesterday, they need the Rock back. And North Wilkesboro too...
Cali is a fairly boring track, did not deserve 2 dates that's for sure

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

do you get irritated with people who say "I could do that"? my friend tells me that this weekend and I went into this long rant about how its not just about driving the car, and that different teams have different engines, gas mileage comes into play, etc etc, it just seriously irritates me that people think these drivers just sit in the car and turn the wheel

anyhoo, wasn't that a nasty wreck Reutimann had?!
thank goodness for safety measures
and I felt so bad for Harvick
dang tire!

Congrats to Kenseth though, he's the only Roush driver I can stand
plus his wife's name is Katie and he has cats
I'm sorry, anyone that says "I can do that" and mean it is either A) insane, B) drunk or C) already a race car driver! My husband's driving scares me when he gets over 65 mph...I can't even IMAGINE going over 200 mph!

I'll admit I'm a newbie fan but it is amazing how much the pit crew has to do with the way the car performs. I didn't realize how much goes into it until I really started watching.

That was a nasty wreck though. You could tell he was knocked out for a little while. Thank god for safety walls!

Going to Richmond in May!!! GO STEWART!!!!

bob'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

I do agree they took too many dates out of places that had history and would sell out. I still can't understand why New Hampshire has two dates. They've got what baseball fans refer to as "pink hat" fans - too many fans (usually female, but men who just want to be seen are included in this category) who know nothing about the sport but who will spend money on any merchandise. They're also the fans willing to buy the most outrageously overpriced ticket just to be there while the real fans sit outside the gate (this happens a lot with the Boston Red Sox). NASCAR must love them - they buy product and don't demand results above their favorite driver being there.