Anyone's cat with an ear-lobe fettish?

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat sheeba is always wanting to lick my ear-lobes and no where else on my face or hands. I wouldn't mind it so much if it didn't hurt..but sometimes I just can't handle it. I'm not sure why she does this. Any thoughts?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Easy does this everyday to me, but she does it softly and it never hurts.

I was always told that she does it for comfort. That she was taken from her Mom too soon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had never heard about this reaction to being taken from mom too early, but it does make sense. She was a rescue, without any history, so I got her when she was about 12wks. old.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow I thought I was the only one who's cat goes to town on earlobes

Saki licks my earlobes and purrs in my ear and makes a nest in my hair all at the same time, all the time! I think its so sweet.. and it never hurts?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sicycat

Wow I thought I was the only one who's cat goes to town on earlobes

Saki licks my earlobes and purrs in my ear and makes a nest in my hair all at the same time, all the time! I think its so sweet.. and it never hurts?
That's exactly what Sheeba does with the purring, "kneeding" my face and the licking of my earlobe. And at first it is cute, but then her tongue gets really dry and ROUGH and that's when it becomes painful..like an abrasion.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gracie likes to lick my ear lobe, nibble on it and stick her nose in my ear. Only on the right side, though. She's a little weirdo!

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh good, I'm not the only one

Before Smidge, I've never had a cat to do this

Smidge wakes me up by lying on my side and licking my earlobe till I screech! She wont like my face or anywhere else - must...have...ear!

If I cover it up with the sheet, she gets mad and does her high pitch exasperated crying meows while pawing the sheet where the ear it!

She is not interested the ears other than morning though it seems.

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CDubbie

Oh good, I'm not the only one

Before Smidge, I've never had a cat to do this

Smidge wakes me up by lying on my side and licking my earlobe till I screech! She wont like my face or anywhere else - must...have...ear!

If I cover it up with the sheet, she gets mad and does her high pitch exasperated crying meows while pawing the sheet where the ear it!

She is not interested the ears other than morning though it seems.
Me tooooo!! Pekoe just loves my ears. At first it was only at night he liked them, now he's progressing to wanting it all the time. And I mean ALL the time. So I'm trying to get him to stop (or at least tone it down a bit) because it is getting a bit obsessive.

And BTW: my kittens were picked up as strays at 1 month. I've been told this habit is probably because he was so young when he lost his mother.