Tiger vs Lion who would win

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So I was wondering, if a male tiger was to fight a male lion who would win? They both have similar traits and are both considerd to have no natural preditors. This is not a fight I would want to seebut I thought it may be interesting. Here are the stats

Tiger - weight 200 and 320 kg (440 lb and 700 lb)
length 2.6 and 3.3 metres (8 feet 6 inches to 10 feet 8 inch)

Lion - weight 150-225 kg (330-500 lb)
length 140 to 175 cm (4'7" to 5'9")

Personaly based off the stas I think the tiger would win. I could be wrong. The tiger may be bigger but whats to say the lion does not have the skill?

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I couldn't say, but it is a fight that I would not care to see, I think it would be ugly.

kittydad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think you are right, it would be ugly. I hope I am not the one to clean up after that one too

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

I couldn't say, but it is a fight that I would not care to see, I think it would be ugly.
I don't want to see it either and yes it would be very ugly. I love both those big cats. I just ponder weird things like that. I though about it while watching a documentary on lions. If I recall Discovery channel did this thing a few years back where the put animals up against eachother that would never meet in real life. Granted it was all computer generated but very interesting non the less.

I still think the tiger would win.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am going to say a male lion.They are the king of the animals aren't they?? I love lions, so powerful and majestic

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What kind of tiger though.. the bengals are much smaller than the siberian, which are the largest wild cat.

I'd go for the tiger.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have to say the tiger, but it wouldn't be a fight that was easily won. Just going by these cats personalities. I have been around lions and tigers. Lions tend to be more lazy and tigers always have that sneakiness about them. However, these are lions and tigers that were born and raised in captivity.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
According to National Geographic - the lion would win. So I voted the lion!!!!

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
without reading the stats, i voted for the lion.

but after reading the stats, i don't know. i didn't realize a tiger was that much bigger.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd personally say the tiger, because from what I understand, the male lion doesn't even hunt when part of a pride, the female does all the work and in addition, lions are pack animals, they don't hunt alone, but a Tiger is a solitary animal and does everything by itself..... although, A tiger is more of a sneak attack animal, being REALLY in the jungle, but a lion, being of the plains, has to actually run its prey down
might be close, the tiger is bigger, but the lion faster

and I have never understood why they call the lion the "King of the jungle" a lion does not live in the jungle!!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by whuckleberry

without reading the stats, i voted for the lion.

but after reading the stats, i don't know. i didn't realize a tiger was that much bigger.
But size doesn't matter my dear
The smaller rival is quicker, and that can be better than size

Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I have never understood why they call the lion the "King of the jungle" a lion does not live in the jungle!!
Thats why I didn't say King of the Jungle..I said king of all the animals which just sounds silly now

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Thats why I didn't say King of the Jungle..I said king of all the animals which just sounds silly now
or we could go with the cowardly lion and say he's king of the fooooorest!! rar rar!!

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't think lions and tigers live near each other, but I could be wrong. Lions are in Africa while Tigers are in Asia (also India).

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
like a lot of people have said, male lions are not the hunters or fighters. I think there job is to look pretty with there fluffy manes and make the baby lions. I mean dont get me wrong, I wouldnt wanna go against one but I think a tiger would win.