3:30AM and I'm Baking Peanut Butter Cookies

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gah!

It's 3:30AM and I decide to bake, LOL I feel like something sweet but don't have anything in the house, plus I'm a bit hungry. I thought of peanut butter and jelly on toast but I'm not a real fan of peanut butter unless it's in cookies...so cookies it is, hehe

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
MMMMMMMMMMMMM Peanut Butter Cookies. Can I have one when you are done?

I don't get a lot of peanuty things around here. My DH is deathly allergic to ALL nuts including but not limited to sesame. So to be safe I just don't keep the stuff around. I could really go for a peanut butter cookie right about now. Sunflower butter just is not doing it for me.

kittydad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hear ya on the PB cookies. Can I have a couple. Been a while since I had them, and they go great with the morning coffee
. Just got in from taking sugar out for a morning walk, she seems to not mind the leash, and moves a fairly good pace too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only made 12 cookies. So get them while you can! *passes around cookie tray*

I only had one. They're quite sweet.

I didn't feel like baking the whole batch so I'm going to roll the rest into balls and freeze them so that when I get the urge to "bake" all I have to do is pull out whatever number I feel like baking and put them on a cooking tin to defrost, press down and then bake.

If anyone wants the recipe:

1/2 cup butter or crisco vegetable shortening
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Cream together sugars and butter. Beat in egg and peanut butter. Add dry ingredients. Mix well. Roll into balls and place on a greased cookie sheet. Press down with a fork. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes depending on the thickness of the cookie. Basically bake until they are golden on the bottom.

I doubled the batch and just realized that I only used 1 egg instead of 2 eggs. The cookies turned out well. I wouldn't have known I missed an egg.

kittydad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
sounds great, ty. I have fresh coffee if ya want some.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mmmm, smells delicious in here! I smell peanut butter cookies! May I?

Have you tried the recipe using crunchy peanut butter? I think it would be good that way too.

Hilda >^..^<

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me, too!!!!

If there are none left, I don't mind eating the raw cookie dough.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I never knew you could freeze cookie dough, but it makes sense! Now I have the urge to be Betty Crocker...but its been so long I'm not sure where my cookie sheets are.
no need for them just make a batch and use a brownie pan. or eat it lol.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I never knew you could freeze cookie dough, but it makes sense! Now I have the urge to be Betty Crocker...but its been so long I'm not sure where my cookie sheets are.
Yeppers. Many schools fund raise by selling various types of catalogue things and one of them is frozen cookie dough.

You can pretty much freeze anything. When I make a quiche I make dough for 2 crusts. I divide the batch into 2 and wrap one 1/2 in a few layers of Saran Wrap or put in a freezer bag and remove all of the air and freeze. Sure saves time.