Any one see "the departed"

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was wondering if any one else seen "The Departed" I thought it was such a good movie, although I did expect it to be a little bit better at the ending
but all together I
ed it
I thought it was so good, anyone got any opinions on it, idk I am really into mob movies I guess u can say

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I did see it, thoroughly enjoyed it, and was completely comfused by the ending!!! Evil movie people!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

I did see it, thoroughly enjoyed it, and was completely comfused by the ending!!! Evil movie people!!
my mom was confused by the ending I had to explain it to her
and well I think they should have shown the chick opening the envelope that william gave her if something had happened to him and wat not u kno
my mom was a little mad that they didnt although if u piece the ending together they really didnt need to show it i think, unless I am completely wrong
but that ending made me a little mad, these movie people and their endings now a days

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I haven't seen it, but plan to very soon. I wish I saw it before the Oscars tonight. Scorcese really is a movie making genius. The only film I've seen that he did that I was so-so on was Gangs of New York. He has an amazing regard for detail, that you don't always see in a movie. He REALLY thinks it ALL through, if you know what I mean.

From what I've heard from friends about the Departed is that most really liked it and a few were a bit disapointed. I look forward to making my own opinion in the near future!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fred&Nermal

I haven't seen it, but plan to very soon. I wish I saw it before the Oscars tonight. Scorcese really is a movie making genius. The only film I've seen that he did that I was so-so on was Gangs of New York. He has an amazing regard for detail, that you don't always see in a movie. He REALLY thinks it ALL through, if you know what I mean.

From what I've heard from friends about the Departed is that most really liked it and a few were a bit disapointed. I look forward to making my own opinion in the near future!
u better get out there and get it
I really liked it and well so did my dad which he doesnt like very many so when he ends up likeing a movie that tells u something
heres me and my mom like that was a cute movie or that was a good movie, and then theres my dad i didnt like it or it was stupid and ect
Cant wait to hear ur opinion

fats mcgee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aw, one of my top 10 favorite movies of all time.

It was an awesome movie. Just awesome and Leo--OMG. Yummers.

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ProudKittieMom

u better get out there and get it
I really liked it and well so did my dad which he doesnt like very many so when he ends up likeing a movie that tells u something
heres me and my mom like that was a cute movie or that was a good movie, and then theres my dad i didnt like it or it was stupid and ect
Cant wait to hear ur opinion
Has your dad seen any of his old ones like Raging Bull, Mean Streats or Taxi Driver? Some of his early movies are very male, if you know what I mean, but also great.

In my opinion Spike Lee has talent like Scorsese, but I haven't seen any of his recent stuff.

You rarely see excellent filmmakers, as not only does it take talent to put your stuff up on the final screen product, it also takes alot of "balls" as producers can really drain the creativity out of directors due to budget and what they think the average viewer will appreciate.
That's why some of the really low budget projects have great success. They didn't have the money pressures on them in the same way and had to come up the most creative, yet cost effecient ways of doing things. Versus changing action and script to impress 14 year old target markets.
Once these low budget directors get popular, the producers will drain the life out of them for a buck and to sell their name, while promising them a $100 million budget in return.
Hence why I say success in filmmaking takes talent and "balls". Sorry to be crude with the terminology.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did not see it but my sister did and liked it a lot. We both like Mob movies ever since we saw The Godfather and Goodfellas. Being Italian, I guess we fit right in

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LaRussa

I did not see it but my sister did and liked it a lot. We both like Mob movies ever since we saw The Godfather and Goodfellas. Being Italian, I guess we fit right in
u should def see it
The Goodfellas is one of my all time favorites
but what can I say I am so into mob movies, and well i think ur right bout being Italian, its in our nature to like these types of movies

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't seen it yet, but have seen the Hong Kong original, "Infernal Affairs". That film was a bit confusing, because the actors playing the academy recruits bore little resemblance to their middle-aged counterparts, and there were two different endings. One was for mainland China, and the other for Hong Kong/foreign countries.

nellers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Loved this movie!!!

I don't watch movies that much anymore but this was the best I have seen in a long time. I am really happy to see that it won the Oscar for Best Picture.

Leo DC was excellent and so was Martin Sheen. ***** 5 stars!

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw this movie...not my typical movie...rented it just for Leo :hear3:
and anyways, it was O.K. I'm a happy ending type of person, so I dunno, it was good, but not one of my favorites.