The Oscars...

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are any of you going to watch the Academy Awards in about 10 minutes Eastern time. I always watch it, I watched the Red Carpet show on E with Ryan Seacrest. I have a couple of favorites who I am rooting for but also know they may lose to who the pro's say will win. Oh well, we shall see. Ok it just started, I don't want to miss Ellen, love her.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LaRussa

Are any of you going to watch the Academy Awards in about 10 minutes Eastern time. I always watch it, I watched the Red Carpet show on E with Ryan Seacrest. I have a couple of favorites who I am rooting for but also know they may lose to who the pro's say will win. Oh well, we shall see. Ok it just started, I don't want to miss Ellen, love her.
Probably not, I think I am gonna watch Cops, and then something else.

I don't have cable in the bedroom, and I don't get local channels on our dish any more. So I will watch dish, so I can go to bed and watch tv.

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I will watch it on and off, depending what else is needed to be done around the house tonight..and what else is on TV..

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am watching it, I wasnt going to but i said hey why the heck not
and ellen is funny
so I said ok i wanna see who wins everything tonite !!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd watch them, but my family is watching some movie on TV... I like to watch the highlights when its over on E!.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What is up with Phillip Seymour Hoffman's hair?????!!!

I love how 3 of the 5 best actress nominees are all "older". Go the old birds! They're all people I really admire as well

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
And how cool are the dudes who are doing the rolling around and making the cool silhouettes??

I loved the heel for Devil Wears Prada!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

And how cool are the dudes who are doing the rolling around and making the cool silhouettes??

I loved the heel for Devil Wears Prada!
The gun for The Departed was cool too. And the Snakes on a Plane one? Really cool.

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just came back from a mini Oscar girl night party. It's always fun to watch in a group.
I thought they were very good this year. I was really happy about Helen Mirren winning and Forest Whitaker was a pleasant surprise (I routed for Will Smith, but was still happy). Also great was Jennifer Hudson. I love it when the less known win. When she sung with Biance, I thought she really shone. She has a natural type of talent. Hopefully they don't force her to lose 25lbs and look like the rest of the actresses out there today.
Also, I was very happy to see Martin Scorcese win as he has long deserved it. I haven't seen The Departed, but I loved his older films such as Taxi Driver, Kundun and Age of Innocence, the list goes on...
Last night we went to see Pan's Labyrinth. It was a very beautiful film, (though unexpectadly violent). So it deserved the award for cinematography!
The shadow dancer performances were very clever. I also thought Ellen had a great casual, but suitably humourous approach. Loved the vacuum stuff and the digital photo opp with Stephen Spielberg.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started to watch it and got distracted. I ended up listening to most of it instead of watching it. I turned the channel at 10pm though so I don't know who won the last few awards of the night.

Ellen is usually very funny but tonight her jokes didn't seem to go over very well, at least I didn't find most of them very amusing.

Jennifer Hudson is sure having a wonderful year. I didn't watch it, but I heard she was on American Idol but didn't win. Yet she seems to be the biggest winner of them all from what I can gather.

One thing I really liked was the sound effects choir. To me that was the best part of the show.