2 weeks to go queen with swollen vulva

red4d159

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This planned pregnancy has been easy, the queen is healthy. 49 days gone but I have noticed that her vulva is swollen there is no discharge and she is eating and playing. I have not seen anything anywhere on the internet about the vuvla being swollen. Just want to be assured that I don't need to panic.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by red4d159

This planned pregnancy has been easy, the queen is healthy. 49 days gone but I have noticed that her vulva is swollen there is no discharge and she is eating and playing. I have not seen anything anywhere on the internet about the vuvla being swollen. Just want to be assured that I don't need to panic.
red...welcome to TCS. Since this is a planned pregnancy, I'm assuming that you are a registered breeder. If that is the case, you should introduce yourself on the breeders forum.

Honestly, I can't answer your question regarding the swollen vulva and would recommend that you discuss it with your vet. Chances are it isn't an issue...but it is best to be on the safe side.

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

red4d159

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thank you for your reply Katie, my kittens will be registered under the name of the house from where I got my cat. I will follow up on you suggestion to look at the breeder site. I will also contact the breeder from where I got my Cornish Rex.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by red4d159

thank you for your reply Katie, my kittens will be registered under the name of the house from where I got my cat. I will follow up on you suggestion to look at the breeder site. I will also contact the breeder from where I got my Cornish Rex.
Red....it's probably a good idea to introduce yourself in the breeders forum. It is a great resource for new breeders.

Katie

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i dont know much about swollen vulvas . but i can tell you what my vet said. when lilly went in for a check up about a week before she was due . he checked her vulva and said it wasnt swollen which was a good sign , as this happens maybe a day or so before labour. but again i dont know personally. i hope you get the answers you are after.