This is why Husbands should listen to their wives.....

kittiesx2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My husband and I picked up a flattop range for my parents yesterday that I found on Craigslist for $25 (what a deal
) Anyway. when we put it in the truck I asked him if he was going to use tie-downs and he said no, it'll be fine. So, every corner that we turned my stomach clenched. I just had a bad feeling about not securing the range. We drove backroads for awhile and finally mearged onto the freeway. Literally seconds later a big gust of wind hit us and the range completely FLIPPED OVER!! UPSIDE DOWN!! Luckily it didn't fly out of the truck. In shock we pulled onto the side of the road and turned it back over. And yes, he used the tie-downs this time

The most amazing part of the story is that nothing was broken, it had a few paint chips but no real damage. Men are so subborn sometimes

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittiesx2

My husband and I picked up a flattop range for my parents yesterday that I found on Craigslist for $25 (what a deal
) Anyway. when we put it in the truck I asked him if he was going to use tie-downs and he said no, it'll be fine. So, every corner that we turned my stomach clenched. I just had a bad feeling about not securing the range. We drove backroads for awhile and finally mearged onto the freeway. Literally seconds later a big gust of wind hit us and the range completely FLIPPED OVER!! UPSIDE DOWN!! Luckily it didn't fly out of the truck. In shock we pulled onto the side of the road and turned it back over. And yes, he used the tie-downs this time

The most amazing part of the story is that nothing was broken, it had a few paint chips but no real damage. Men are so subborn sometimes
Everytime DW tells me to do something, I say YES MA'AM and sometimes even salute her.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittiesx2

Yep, they should listen more, I tell that to my husband all the time, but guess what, HE DOESN'T LISTEN.

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi

Everytime DW tells me to do something, I say YES MA'AM and sometimes even salute her.
Bet the wife likes that, hey? She must have trained you well

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi

That's the way it should be!
Someday all Husbands will realize that we Wives are always right!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Reminds me of when my dad and a friend were helping out with painting my townhome. I hadn't moved in so I didn't have a phone (and this was before cell phones). Anyways, the electric outlets had crayon marks in them from the previous tenants.
Both my dad and friend came up with the brilliant idea of cleaning them with steel wool. I said I would cut the power but they assured me they would be ok. Within 3 seconds of each other, sparks flew and they were sitting there dazed. All I could think of was what would I do with two electrical injuries and no phone. They were fine and cut the power until they were done cleaning the outlets.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

Reminds me of when my dad and a friend were helping out with painting my townhome. I hadn't moved in so I didn't have a phone (and this was before cell phones). Anyways, the electric outlets had crayon marks in them from the previous tenants.
Both my dad and friend came up with the brilliant idea of cleaning them with steel wool. I said I would cut the power but they assured me they would be ok. Within 3 seconds of each other, sparks flew and they were sitting there dazed. All I could think of was what would I do with two electrical injuries and no phone. They were fine and cut the power until they were done cleaning the outlets.
I bet that was funny, I woulda laughed my butt off at them, and then I woulda told them "I told you to cut the power off"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittiesx2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think that he learned a great lesson
The look on his face when it flipped was PRICELESS

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mother and a friend of her's went to buy a range years ago (93-ish?) and they didn't tie it down. Exact same thing happened except it did get sucked out of the back of the truck.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm amazed it didn't go flying of the truck!
That reminds me of a time we were driving down the highway and the car next to us had expensive looking bikes hitched to it. Suddenly the hitch broke and the bikes went flying across the highway! Holy smokes, it was a miracle there wasn't an accident. The car behind did run over the bikes, and I doubt they were salvageable.

Originally Posted by katachtig

Both my dad and friend came up with the brilliant idea of cleaning them with steel wool. I said I would cut the power but they assured me they would be ok. Within 3 seconds of each other, sparks flew and they were sitting there dazed.
But gee, it sounded like such a good idea...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittiesx2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The first thing out of my mouth was " OMG! Did anything fly out?" I was freaking out at the idea of someone's car being hit by a flying oven door!!
Can you imagine what that would've done

The door did fall off and the bottom drawer fell out as well but all luckily stayed in the truck bed.