I have been so sad lately

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have not been in a good mood lately.

It is soon gonna be a year that we had to put our beloved Sambo to sleep. I still miss him so much and there are days where I would give every thing I own just to have him back. I just wanna hold him so much.

Then I think how healthy he is now, he can see again, and he can run around like he used too and that makes me feel good. But my heart still hurts, he was almost 16 and he was a inside dog too.

I do not regret doing what we did though, I know it was the right thing to do as we did not wanna see him suffer.

I just wish sometimes he was here again.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bea Honey,

Take comfort in that he is in a better place, happy and healthy.

You loved him and he loved you and that is all that matters!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh heck, its really hard when those feeling creep over us

You did the last loving thing you could for your precious boy

How do you feel about looking at photos of Sambo........does that help at all ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

oh heck, its really hard when those feeling creep over us

You did the last loving thing you could for your precious boy

How do you feel about looking at photos of Sambo........does that help at all ?
Yes it does, and I have a picture in my signature that Neet had Abbysmom make for me. It was a surprise, and it was very thoughtful of Neet to do that. I see Sambos picture every time I post something.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

Bea Honey,

Take comfort in that he is in a better place, happy and healthy.

You loved him and he loved you and that is all that matters!

I really do take comfort in that, and I am happy that he is healthy again, that just doesn't help my heart sometimes.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

I have a couple pics you sent me of Sambo, if you want me to put them up so we can see him.
That would be great Neet, thanks so much for doing that, you of all people know how much Sambo meant to me and my family.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone, I do appreciate all the kind words.

It has just gotten me real bummed out, it will be a year on March 3.

Some days are not as bad as others.

It does help me though when I think of how healthy he is again. He was sick for such a long time. And I am happy when I think that he can see again.

I just wish I could hold him again.

And being here with all my friends who understand how I feel helps me too.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These anniversaries are hard to cope with, not that thinking about a beloved pet doesn't happen at other times too. I am sorry about Sambo, but take comfort that he had a long and happy life and was much loved.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Belinda, I'm so sorry about your sweet Sambo, and I totally understand the feeling of wanting him back SO much. Even though we know they are whole again and happy it's not enough if you can't just hug them and love on them. It's that physical presence that is so hard to live without. I would have given up everything I owned and my DH to have
Bella
back I would live in a HUT if I had too.

So know you are not alone here, we all feel this way when we lose our pets/babies, they are like our children. We are always here for you Belinda!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Belinda, I'm so sorry about your sweet Sambo, and I totally understand the feeling of wanting him back SO much. Even though we know they are whole again and happy it's not enough if you can't just hug them and love on them. It's that physical presence that is so hard to live without. I would have given up everything I owned and my DH to have
Bella
back I would live in a HUT if I had too.

So know you are not alone here, we all feel this way when we lose our pets/babies, they are like our children. We are always here for you Belinda!
Thanks, and I know that you understand what I am feeling, its that sometimes I wouldn't want Sambo back if he had to be sick again, I just wish I could hug him and tell him I love him, then he could go back to the bridge where I know he is happy and healthy.

And it really helps me when I am feeling so sad to have all my friends here.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Belinda, I'm so sorry you're going through this right now.
Those pictures of Sambo are just adorable. I hope you can find comfort in know you gave him such a wonderful life, filled with happiness and love. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eilcon

Belinda, I'm so sorry you're going through this right now.
Those pictures of Sambo are just adorable. I hope you can find comfort in know you gave him such a wonderful life, filled with happiness and love. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Thank you, I do appreciate it

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My namesake Cinder actually died on March 3rd too, (years ago) five months to the day after I got him from a shelter. (FIP) I've had so many pets that days of the week and anniversaries have become such a frequent thing...I try to make myself think of them as anniversaries of a life to be celebrated, not mourned, but it's a hard thing to do sometimes. Sadly, I assume I will have to see every one of the 12 kitties I have now cross the bridge before I leave this life too, but I know their lives have been so much better than others who suffer neglect and abuse. My point...

Sambo had a long life and was loved. So many deserving pets receive neither of those gifts. I hope you will eventually find peace in knowing his life was full.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cinder

My namesake Cinder actually died on March 3rd too, (years ago) five months to the day after I got him from a shelter. (FIP) I've had so many pets that days of the week and anniversaries have become such a frequent thing...I try to make myself think of them as anniversaries of a life to be celebrated, not mourned, but it's a hard thing to so sometimes. Sadly, I assume I will have to see every one of the 12 kitties I have now cross the bridge before leave this life too, but I know their lives have been so much better than others who suffer neglect and abuse. My point...

Sambo had a long life and was loved. So many deserving pets receive neither of those gifts. I hope you will eventually find peace in knowing his life was full.
I do have peace knowing that he had a full life and that he was loved, it still don't stop me from missing him.