Feline Association of South Australia show (pic heavy)

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to the FASA show today to see what it's all about before my kitty arrives in April.
Photos from group 3 and a few Orientals. Lots and lots of Rexes, one of the judges commented that it was looking like a Rex show. The kittens looked a bit bald, apparently because it's summer so their curly coat hasn't come in yet.

Somali

Burmese

Bengals

British Short Hair

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Abys

Orientals

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow you take great pictures - were you sitting in the front row? Did the black smoke rex take Best of Breed? He's got a great coat

And I don't know if its me or not, but some of your breeds look bigger then our same breeds over here. The aby does and even the burm. The devons also look bigger.

What was the silver at the beginning. At first I was thinking silver somali, but then again it looked a bit like a silver maine coon.

And the spotted ones are bengals right?

Can't wait till you get your baby home and we talk next week

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was standing so I could photograph over peoples heads
There's tons that turned out blurry though.

I don't know if the black rex got 1st, there was a delay in giving out the ribbons and I had to leave.

I can't really comment on size, but my Canadian moggies are bigger than moggies I've seen here. So its weird you mention it being the other way around.

Yes, 1st is a Somali. Spots are Bengals. I mistook one for an Oci, until he stood and I saw he didn't have the broken necklaces.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
GK, IMO, Australia breeds any cat bigger than usual and Japan breeds them smaller than usual!!! Just look at the hieght of the aby and you'll understand what I mean!!!

We import a lot of cats from Oz and Japan because of no quarantine. The only other country that has no quarantine issues with us is the UK but the sterling pound exchange rate is prohibitive so we rarely get cats in from there.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I kinda remember some of the ACFA judges who did some Australian exchange judging mention about the aussie cats being bigger then the Americans

Missy - remember the ocicats also have to have more of a bulls eye pattern in the spots - not really definiate but not random either. The Bengals have more of the rosette/random spotting on the sides.

I hope Nial brings his Bengals to the ACFA show in April or May up here so we can bench together and I can tell first hand, in person, the differences

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Missy - remember the ocicats also have to have more of a bulls eye pattern in the spots - not really definiate but not random either. The Bengals have more of the rosette/random spotting on the sides.
I know, the silver bengal was hiding under his cushion and behind the curtains once I got a better look I knew he wasn't an Oci.

Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

I hope Nial brings his Bengals to the ACFA show in April or May up here so we can bench together and I can tell first hand, in person, the differences
That would be great to see

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok, forgiven then

If Nial comes up, you can bet I'll be taking pictures of us all - or at least DH will take some
It would be cool to have us both hold up the cats and get a side by side comparison for you all

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That Burmese looks huge!! Long, too. My Godiva is only 8 lbs... but built like a little pug dog, so she looks even smaller, but once you pick her up, she's like a brickhouse.

Thanks for sharing! I love looking at show pics.