Awww! He's SUCH a good kitten!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww! My foster kitten Kolar is being such a good boy!
He just had his first "pedicure" a minute ago! And he was sooooooo wonderful!
He sat in my lap the entire time and just purred and purred while i trimmed his little nails. What a good boy!
He even tried to kiss my hand when i was trimming his claws
What a sweetheart! I always start my foster kittens out at a young age with having their nails trimmed, being bathed/groomed/ and things like that so that they acclimate easily into their new homes when they are adopted out
However, we have really bonded with this little guy so i'm seriously considering adopting him as my own
/ I had to give him a kitty treat for being soo good and letting me trim his nails
I am definitely a proud foster meowmy! Thanks for letting me dote about me wonderful little guy

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww you still got little Kolar! Are you SURE you can give him back

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Originally Posted by sarahp

Yup! I still have him. His other brothers (Magnum, Ruger, Pirazzi, and Blazer) all went to the shelter a few weeks ago and got adopted out into WONDERFUL homes
I still have Kolar because the poor little fella can't seem to get over his URI.
Although the vet origionally diagnosed him with feline herpes/uri ...i'm starting to wonder if that's healed up and he just has allergies now that are making him sniffly. I'm taking him back to the vet soon for a checkup so i'll ask her when i'm there
He has REALLY bonded with us and is sooooooo attached to us and the dogs. I'd really hate to take him back
I REALLY want to adopt this sweet little fella and give him a permenant home with us. Also- in a few weeks, i will be moving 3 of my girls in with me into Colin's house (they're at my mom's/my old duplex right now) until i get everything settled. So soon, Isabella, Jasmine, and Velvet will be moving in with us. My mom is sooo bonded to Abilene and Sophie (bunny) that she will be keeping them and adopting them from me. So...I'm really tempted to keep little Kolar since I will not have Abilene with us. I'm going to wait and see how it all pans out and if he gets along with my girls once he's better (i don't want to introduce him to my girls until he's had health problems ruled out by the vet and has a clean bill of health
) He did get along great with his siblings, and he LOVES our doggies!!! He thinks they're overgrown kitties for him to play with
So yea, i'm really wanting to keep him!
We just have to convience Colin what a great idea it is

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor Kolar still have the sniffles!
I hope you can adopt him Nikki....we all know how wonderful you guys are with him! Should you adopt Kolar, do you still plan on fostering....or would that be tough on your girls?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Poor Kolar still have the sniffles!
I hope you can adopt him Nikki....we all know how wonderful you guys are with him! Should you adopt Kolar, do you still plan on fostering....or would that be tough on your girls?
Oh absolutely! I will keep fostering for as long as i'm able to
I plan to do it till i'm 6 feet under
Fostering is like a calling for me....especially the newborn/sick ones
I've done it for years and will continue to do so
The great thing is- Colin understands how important fostering is to me and is SOOOO supportive to the point that he lets me foster in his house and even builds scratching posts/etc for them

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

He sat in my lap the entire time and just purred and purred while i trimmed his little nails. What a good boy!
What a sweetheart, indeed! He definitely sounds like quite the special kitten. Especially if you're one short, anyway, I vote for keeping him!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
GO Kolar
i myslef got clippers to cut the nails except i am really scared too
I know what to do I am just a chicken i guess
Awe Collin is such a sweat heart, its so great that he is soo supportive of u and ur fostering
I could never foster, I would get attached to easy
I see little Kolar becoming a new member of ur family soon

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BelongsToEvie

What a sweetheart, indeed! He definitely sounds like quite the special kitten. Especially if you're one short, anyway, I vote for keeping him!
Awww i know!! I am really wanting to adopt him
I've really bonded with this little guy and he seems to just fit our little family perfectly!

Originally Posted by ProudKittieMom

GO Kolar i myslef got clippers to cut the nails except i am really scared too
I know what to do I am just a chicken i guess.Awe Collin is such a sweat heart, its so great that he is soo supportive of u and ur fostering
I could never foster, I would get attached to easy
I see little Kolar becoming a new member of ur family soon
If you're nervous about trimming their nails - take one of your kitties to your vets office with you- and for about $5 they will trim their nails and while they do that- let them teach you the proper technique to trim the that way you won't be nervous and you can do it on your own from then on! Don't be nervous- it's really quite easy
I've been doing it for years- as long as you hold them right and don't hit a vein you should be good
/ Colin is definitely a sweetheart
He's been soo wonderful and supportive about my fostering. It really makes me happy to know he understands how important fostering is to me
/ It's definitely hard not to get attached when you foster- i've fostered hundreds of furbabies ...and have wanted to keep many of them
I definitly think it is a possability with Kolar though right now- it just seems like a great match with us- Colin and I are talking about it