Hey!

mandm1213

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello,

I'm new here, obviously, but let me share my story. I found this site, while looking for fun toys for my cat. So here's my story.

I never loved cats. I was a big dog lover...ever since i was little my family's house always had a dog. We had every kind imaginable and my parents didn't like cats.. so i was raised without them. Then one day my dad and i took our weekly trip to the flea market. This flea market was indoors and we went there every sunday to scope out the new deals. I was walking in and noticed a black cat sitting on a shelf. I asked them where it came from.. and long story short.. it followed me around the store the entire time i was there and my dad let me take her home. She lived with us for a year and a half and she grew to be my best friend. She would jump on my bed when i cried and slept by my head at night. I moved into an apartment with my partner and brought my cat along with me. We had her for 3 days, when my partner called me and told me that the cat had a kitten and she thought it was dead. My partner stayed home sick..and called the vet.. they said she couldn't touch the cat or the kitten or else she would contaminate it.. so i had to leave work. When i got home i found out the kitten was under developed and still born. My cat was vomiting and i missed classes the next day to take care of her. She was my best friend, what else was i going to do? Everyone kept telling me she was fine, but i knew the truth.. she wasn't going to be ok. The last night we had her my partner wanted to keep her in the bathroom all night.. but i couldn't stand it. she was clawing at the door so i brought her to the bed with me. Usually she would run around and jump down and then back up, but this night she was the sweetest little angel ever. I thought she was going to be ok.. but it turns out this was her letting me know that she had to go. She got up in the morning when i was telling my partner that she was going to be ok, and threw up again right in front of me. We called animal control... and they came to pick her up..i left for work, because i didn't want to be there.. i would have stayed home and cried if i was..they told my partner that they would rehabilitate her, if they could. If they couldn't they would put her down. I still don't know what happened. This was three weeks ago.

- then -

i went looking for a new cat to help my broken heart. Couldn't find one anywhere so my dad took me home and we looked in the pennysaver. Long story short i found a woman who had the cat i was going to love forever. We drove an hour and a half to get the cat and we fell in love at first sight. I had this little boy for about a week and a half. His mom was moving away and couldn't take her little babies with her..so she had to get rid of them.. and she loved me. She came over to visit twice and taught me how to give him bathes and everything. She was completely in love with me and said i was the most amazing house she could have found. Then one day she called and asked if i was really happy with him. I told her yes as always, because i was. I loved this little boy and he loved me. He was 5 years old, but he was still my little baby. She told me how her ex-husband came over, who was newly married and had a daughter, and cried to her for hours about how she gave away his favorite cat. In the end she came over and threw the cat into a carrier, while he kept trying to jump out and left without letting me say goodbye.

- cat 2 is gone -

upset about loosing two cats in 2 weeks.. i thought i was done for.. my partner and i couldn't take another cat. Our hearts were broken, but i decided to start looking again. My dad's friend from work had a cousin who's cat had kittens. I wasn't sure if i wanted one or not.. so i started looking online for cats around us. I don't even remember finding this woman.. but i guess i did. She took animals in to nurse them and take care of them and then she found good homes for them. She had a calico cat named Callie that needed a good home and she liked the sound of mine. So my partner and i picked her up today and she's been pleasant every since. Just like my first cat. She follows me everywhere and is the most adorable thing i've ever met. We named her Bryne Kelly... and she is so cute... she loves to follow me and lay with me and everything else imaginable. She loves the cat stuff that we bought for my first cat and isn't even shy about it. This cat was meant for us and this time i know that it's true. =)

- so there's my story.. =) I know it was long.. but i hope you enjoyed hearing about it.

*i'll post pictures of the cats when i can.. i just have to find my photobucket information from a while ago =)*

<3 Amanda

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi welcome to TCS, this is such a great site and everyone here is so nice, also this site can be very informative and fun too
...I am soo sorry of the loss of your first kittie
R.I.P. little one
and I am sorry bout the 2nd leaving
! But I am so happy that you found Bryne Kelly and everything is going good
I cant wait to see pictures, we
photos here !! Well see u on the forums

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wow, what a story.........and finally with a happy ending, you have a new beautiful kitty

Well you´ve come to the right place, theres always lots to do and see, and of course great help & advice

Looking forward to seeing photos of Bryne Kelly, she sounds such a peach

Well glad you joined us and enjoy the forums !

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello!
Welcome to the forum!!

I am so sorry for your losses

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Bryne Kelly and Amanda:

Welcome to TheCatSite and may we say how very sorry we are to hear of your loss and your second kitten having to return home. We certainly hope that Bryne Kelly will have a long, safe, happy life with you and your partner. It is confusing, though: you say you called Animal Control to pick up your first cat because she threw up, and you do not know what happened to her after three weeks? I don't understand why anyone would call Animal Control because their cat was sick -- why didn't you take her to her veterinarian???

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tarasgirl06

It is confusing, though: you say you called Animal Control to pick up your first cat because she threw up, and you do not know what happened to her after three weeks? I don't understand why anyone would call Animal Control because their cat was sick -- why didn't you take her to her veterinarian???
I was wondering that as well? I'm not saying this to be rude or confrontational, but if veterinary care is not an option due to cost, I really believe you should wait until you can afford it before bringing another animal into your home. I'm not saying you did not care for your cat, but being able to provide for their health needs is part of the responsiblity of pet ownership.

I'm sorry if this was not the case, it just seemed so from your post?