Wow.....crazy crazy weather!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow... so, its snowing, raining, sleeting... and now its thundering and lightening!! Its a little scary... I'm going to go hide!
Why would it be doing all of this at once? YIKES!!

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've only heard thunder/seen lightning with snow once in my life, back in Maine. I thought it was pretty cool

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been like that all night here- we've had tornado warnings/watches and flash flood ones. It was POURING down rain on the way home! I could bairly see to drive and went sooooo slow the whole way home from work. It was hailing really bad too. Thankfully now though i think the warnings for Shelby County (the county for memphis/bartlett/germantown/ cordova/lakeland and a few other counties here in tennessee) are expired now i think. I can't hear the rain anymore so i think it's slacked up or stopped now. I hope so! I was a nervous wreck driving home- i hate tornado weather. It scares me really bad.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It it supposed to get bad weather here tonight, my husband called me from offshore a little while ago and told me.

The wind has been blowing like crazy here today too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by arcadian girl

I've only heard thunder/seen lightning with snow once in my life, back in Maine. I thought it was pretty cool
It is pretty freaky!!

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here in Iowa, the weather is INSANE, and has been that way since last night. Last night, it was sunny, thundering, lightening, and sleeting at the same time. By morning, cars were sealed shut with a sheet of 3/4 of an inch with ice, frozen branches dropping everywhere all over, and now, it's snowing to beat the band...the wind is terrible! We're expecting around 13 inches of snow between today and tomorrow.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by wookie130

Here in Iowa, the weather is INSANE, and has been that way since last night. Last night, it was sunny, thundering, lightening, and sleeting at the same time. By morning, cars were sealed shut with a sheet of 3/4 of an inch with ice, frozen branches dropping everywhere all over, and now, it's snowing to beat the band...the wind is terrible! We're expecting around 13 inches of snow between today and tomorrow.
I'm in MN and its been the same here!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dumas, Arkansas got hit badly by a tornado. It's about 120 miles from Memphis. Right now they're saying on the news that there were no deaths that they know of as of yet- but a lot of buildings/ homes got destroyed. Please keep this little city and it's people in your prayers.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Dumas, Arkansas got hit badly by a tornado. It's about 120 miles from Memphis. Right now they're saying on the news that there were no deaths that they know of as of yet- but a lot of buildings/ homes got destroyed. Please keep this little city and it's people in your prayers.
How scary Nikki- many prayers being sent that way

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

How scary Nikki- many prayers being sent that way
On the news a minute ago they said about 27 people were hurt. 3 are in critical condition in one of the hospitals there. I'm keeping that city in my prayers.

kittydad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Vibes being sent out to all. I guess with the weather, time to go hide under the bed with our furbabies???
. They really so have good logic at times.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here, it's shooting little ice balls. I'm not sure what the correct verb for that is, but it's painful. Not like hail, but like hard, icy snowflakes. That hurt.

Oh, and it's really windy, but that's really nothing new. It's always windy here. (Not why they call it the "Windy City" however, although it fits meterologically as well!)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's nuts! It did get kind of a crazy mix like that here in that big storm last week, but not adding in thunder and lightining!

I've experienced that in snow once. It was freaky! It was snowing hard and DH and I were lost in my Aunt's town so we were waiting in a parking lot on Thanksgiving day for my cousin to come there to lead us to her house. He said he had just walked outside when it started and he thought someone took his picture!

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today here in Dallas, the winds were so bad the sky had an "orange" hue to it. I went outside to check out what was going on, and the dust was so thick in the air from it blowing, it was like something out of a movie. It was really freaky..The wind was so strong, several of my neighbors even lost their fences (wood) to it..But I guess this is better than having tons of sleet and snow or severe t-storms. Hope everyone around stays safe tonight.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by wookie130

I'm in southern MN, almost in IA. The weather is so crazy!!! It's been snowing for awhile now...we're up to 3"...on top of all the freezing rain/ice we've been getting since last night, this could get really ugly! The wind died down late this afternoon, but picked up again quick!

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They're officially calling it a blizzard here! Could get up to 20 inches by tomorrow!!!

I believe hybernating sounds like the best choice....

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
omg. Kenz..The snow..yeah, not awesome. It's horrible. We are supposed to get 15-20 inches of snow. I am so not happy about this. I am supposed to pick up my kid in like 12 hours, and I've cried about it already because I'm so scared to drive. There was an accident this morning, right down the road by me, a mother, her 18 year daughter, and her 8 year old son, and thier family dog, all died. They hit a snow drift, and ran into a plow. And mannn....I cried. That is terrible. Seriously. I can't imagine putting myself, or my child into that type of predicament. She's with my mother, so she would be alright, it's just I HATE being without my daughter for very long. And it'll be like a while before this snow lets up. The roads are like ice. It's horrible. Anyways-I have talked enough.
I hate the snow
I hate the cold
I am moving to Florida in June. That's what is getting me through this!! HOOORAY!