windows vista

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just got a new puter with windows vista. Will TCS be upgrading? The site comes up rather small, and when the window enlarger is used some of the posts get lines thru them and are not parallel. If that makes sense.

u8myufo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes it does, cos like everything else Microsoft do, it aint ready yet, hope your pc got a high spec as far as memory and the rest of it is concerned, maybe you already know, but Vista itself needs at least one and a half gig of memory installed just to run it quite smoothly, 3gig is what you are looking for. I hope you dont dont use tooooo much software cos you will be spending a lot of time trying to find updates,Best of luck.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am computer challenged, I have no idea how much memory, gigs, or anything else this has. It came with the Vista installed, so I am hoping they knew what they were doing. Where does it say how many gigs you have?

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gailuvscats

Just got a new puter with windows vista. Will TCS be upgrading? The site comes up rather small, and when the window enlarger is used some of the posts get lines thru them and are not parallel. If that makes sense.
I haven't seen Windows Vista yet, but...what you are describing is the same issue that a lot of people have that still have Windows XP, but they had upgraded to the new Internet Explorer 7. It's possible that it's more of an IE problem than a Vista problem, even though I've heard tell of quite a few Vista problems.

You might try downloading an alternative browser, but I'm not sure which browsers work with Vista yet. I might just have to research that myself

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skippymjp

I haven't seen Windows Vista yet, but...what you are describing is the same issue that a lot of people have that still have Windows XP, but they had upgraded to the new Internet Explorer 7. It's possible that it's more of an IE problem than a Vista problem, even though I've heard tell of quite a few Vista problems.

You might try downloading an alternative browser, but I'm not sure which browsers work with Vista yet. I might just have to research that myself
yea, that sounds about right.