I have to rehome my budgies tomorrow...

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As part of the deal with my husband on taking Sofia back (one of Sneakers' kittens and Tobie's sister), I told him I would find a home for my budgies.

Someone called yesterday and they are coming tomorrow to pick them up. She's willing to pay the $90 I asked for them, and she sounds like she knows about bird care, so assuming all goes well at the meeting, I think they'll be okay.

I took these guys in a couple years ago after my cousin (who had an aviary) died of colon cancer. They aren't tame, but they sure are pretty and have unusual colors.

I'll miss their constant chatting and cheery personalities. I wish I didn't have to do this, but I think it's easier to find a home for the budgies than it is for a grown up kitten.

Limone and Stormy.

Odo flirting with Owlette.

Kiwi, Easter, Nemo... they were very scared, it was their first day at the new home.

Peeps in my husband's collar.

Stormy and Kiwi.

Owlette... the one I'll miss the most. He's very pretty and almost tame.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just found this pic...

A budgie conference!!

Watch out, Budgies...

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes... at first she only wanted four of them, but then she said she might as well take all 6. We're giving her the large grey cage in the last picture so they have room... people have a tendency to put budgies in microscopic cages (and I even think the grey one is a little small!).

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Godiva

Yes... at first she only wanted four of them, but then she said she might as well take all 6. We're giving her the large grey cage in the last picture so they have room... people have a tendency to put budgies in microscopic cages (and I even think the grey one is a little small!).
I hope that they are gonna be happy in their new home.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh that is such a tough thing to have to do
Budgies are an absolute delight, even if they are not tame they are fantastic company, you never feel alone if you have a budgie chattering beside you.

What is happening to the parrot? Is he/she staying with you?

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes.. I have four other birds.
Two cockatiels (who are absolutely in love with eachother) and two Dusky conures. One of the conures is a rescue and the other I got from a parrot-only store. They are best buds and they love my husband and I to death. Duskies are great birds.
They are all tame, and I couldn't give up any birds I tamed myself... it takes so much work and patience, and they seem so happy now, especially my rescue Dusky... he was in bad shape in many ways when I got him..

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, that has to be hard.
I had budgies most of my life, and sometimes my home seems empty without the continual chirping and tittering of a happy budgie.

Fortunately, Ferris tries to make up for it with his nearly continuous trilling, as he moves from room to room.

I love all the pictures, thank you for sharing, and hang in there, because I think that you are doing the right thing, and it sounds like they will be in a good home.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, so this lady changed her mind. She says something about a "family emergency" and not being able to afford it. Whatever. Probably for the best anyway.

I did get another call, this lady sounds young and I'm meeting her on Tuesday night... so I get two more days with my cheery little budge butts!!