Would you sell your cat? For how much?

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I jokingly told someone the other day that I would sell them Nigel for $8 million. And I got to thinking, that even if I knew he would go to a great home, where he would be loved and cared for fantastically, I couldn't part with my little one. Even if someone was serious about paying $8 million for a stray. But then I'm more motivated by love and affection than money, so there you go!

So, would you sell your cat to someone who you knew would take great care of him/her? How much would it take?

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If someone offered $8 million for my cats, I would tell them to donate the money to a shelter. I could never sell my cats - no matter how much! I love them too much!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

If someone offered $8 million for my cats, I would tell them to donate the money to a shelter. I could never sell my cats - no matter how much! I love them too much!
That is a great idea, have them give the money to a shelter..or build their own no kill shelter.

I couldn't give up Trout either..she is family, and that is far more important than money.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pekoe & Nigel

So, would you sell your cat to someone who you knew would take great care of him/her?
In a word, NO.

Exactly. Good solution, too.

catfriend

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Great idea! Now I know what to do when someone offers me millions for my Danny!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ooooo.....I am momofmany after all. I have a household of cats that were born feral and when I took them in, it was because they were otherwise unadoptable.

About 2/3's of them I wouldn't part with for any amount of money in the world. My husband and I have had the debate many times on "if we could only keep a few of them, which ones would we choose?".

But I always consider adopting out some of them if I were to get them into a house that was less crowded and they wouldn't have to compete for attention. If I could make a few million in the process, it would be a win-win all around!!

Don't bash me - I would only do it on behalf of the welfare of the cats.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sell my kids NO WAY ... Now if you offer me $$$ for my Mom some days I would sell her

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Ooooo.....I am momofmany after all. I have a household of cats that were born feral and when I took them in, it was because they were otherwise unadoptable.

About 2/3's of them I wouldn't part with for any amount of money in the world. My husband and I have had the debate many times on "if we could only keep a few of them, which ones would we choose?".

But I always consider adopting out some of them if I were to get them into a house that was less crowded and they wouldn't have to compete for attention. If I could make a few million in the process, it would be a win-win all around!!

Don't bash me - I would only do it on behalf of the welfare of the cats.
How many do you have? I think you are marvelous!

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would never sell my children for any amount of money. I'd want whoever offered me the money to give it to a shelter.....or use it to find GOOD homes for little animals who needed a GOOD home. They could give the family some money to help take care of the cat or dog.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by batgirl2good

How many do you have? I think you are marvelous!
I care for 13 cats and 2 dogs at the moment. My numbers have fluctuated a lot over the years but have been pretty stable for the last 3.

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

I care for 13 cats and 2 dogs at the moment. My numbers have fluctuated a lot over the years but have been pretty stable for the last 3.
Blessings to you and your furr angels!

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This thread makes me laugh.
No one would sell their cat for $8 million???????????????

Or...... no one will admit it

Although I would LOVE to have that kind of money, I dont think I could do it

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
no, I really couldn't sell any of my cats. DH says he MIGHT sell Neffie but he's sleeping of the couch from that day forward and he knows it.

I'd never be able to part with my spoiled monsters. I love each one of them and would worry forever if they were anywhere but with me.

I'd sell my Dh for that though!

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sicycat

This thread makes me laugh.
No one would sell their cat for $8 million???????????????

Or...... no one will admit it

Although I would LOVE to have that kind of money, I dont think I could do it
Sorry, I could never ever do it. They are my ONLY family.