"Don't pay it back, pay it forward!"

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
This suggestion for a "gift message" was made by our very own katiemae1277, regarding gifts. A lot of TCS addicts manage to rack up so many points that they are quite able to spread some joy, and give gifts to people whom they might not even know. There's no obligation to reciprocate if somebody sends you a gift! So, instead of using your hard-earned points to reciprocate, why not use them to welcome a newbie, or show recognition of an occasional poster? You could use her "slogan", or simply type, "Thanks to ....", or "Thanks, ......".

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that's a wonderful idea as well even though I don't have many points to begin with. I think that would make someone'e day

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Definitely a good idea. Thanks for the suggestion katiemae1277.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think the slogan is a great idea! I never know what to say to someone I don't know when sending a gift...

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
awesome! spread the love to all corners of TCS!!!!!!

I'm glad ya like my slogan too

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I think the slogan is a great idea! I never know what to say to someone I don't know when sending a gift...
I sometimes say, just because, or , this is the closest thing to a hug, or it might be for a animal, or it could be for congratulations. It just depends, I have never been at a loss for words.

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can say that I really appreciated my thoughtful gift. I've been having a really rough year so far and Susie (unknowingly) sent me a gift on a day that was particularly difficult. It really made me feel good - and I continue to be appreciative of her thoughtful gesture.
I hope to pay it forward one of these days too!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is what I try and do to, I just like giving presents, and sometimes when I give one the person will thank me through a pm and tell me they will give me one back later, I always pm them back and tell them to not do that. I give because I like to give.

I have been giving some in memory of a pet too.

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds wonderful even if I don't post much to rack up the points. It can make someones day (it did to me
). I hope to be able to pass it on as well.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

That is what I try and do to, I just like giving presents, and sometimes when I give one the person will thank me through a pm and tell me they will give me one back later, I always pm them back and tell them to not do that. I give because I like to give.

I have been giving some in memory of a pet too.
You are too sweet

I like this idea too

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

You are too sweet

I like this idea too
I think that is what I am gonna do mostly, I will still give out others too though.

I think I gave 7 presents yesterday.

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think this is a great idea. I notice some people have so many gifts and others like me have none

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gardenandcats

I think this is a great idea. I notice some people have so many gifts and others like me have none
Not any more!
Jana beat me to it, though!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I´m not a premium member so dont rack the points up that much. But when I do get them I always like to welcome someone with a gift - its a great feeling to get a gift, so its just brill to share that feeling around no matter how many points you have (or not) ooooooooo just racked up 5 more points !!!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

I´m not a premium member so dont rack the points up that much. But when I do get them I always like to welcome someone with a gift - its a great feeling to get a gift, so its just brill to share that feeling around no matter how many points you have (or not) ooooooooo just racked up 5 more points !!!
I am not a premium member either