bach's rescue remedy

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was just wondering if anyone had tried this and how it worked for them. As some of you know I took in a new kitty not to long ago who was abandoned 2 times in a row and is being aggressive with my other kitties. thanks.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ladycat

I was just wondering if anyone had tried this and how it worked for them. As some of you know I took in a new kitty not to long ago who was abandoned 2 times in a row and is being aggressive with my other kitties. thanks.
I have never even heard of that, but I am sending you lots of hugs and prayers for you new kitty. Poor little kitty is probably just so scared that no one is ever gonna love it. I hope it gets better soon. Please just try and be patient with the new kitty.

Please keep us updated on how it is doing too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
oh I'm trying....been 2months though, doing a toll on the kitty family.
I'm just about at my witts end
she hardly lets us touch her without attacking us to. She has a few good moments here & there at least . I just want her to be happy....

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Feliway sounds like a better option... I use rescue remedy for vet trips or immediate stresses not everyday stuff

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I tried that, it really didn't change anything

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
more then half the time we can barely touch her. once in a while she lets me give her a kitty neck massage and seems to enjoy it but only when she is caught off guard relaxing. We got clawed up just giving her the remedy

abigail

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Latitude: 45° 31' North Longitude: 122° 39' We
I used it for five days while traveling cross country in a car and it was a life saver. when my cat has to face construction stress of alot of workmen and upheaval in the house i saturate a treat with it and feed it to her and she is mellowed out. I have even used it on MYSELF and it really works.

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
well we do have special treats that she loves.....
How soon is this stuff suppose to work? I put it in all the waters and some in her mouth (was suggest to, now have scratches!!!).

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never heard of the stuff you mentioned. I've heard that a little vanilla on the necks of each kitty. I had a kitty with lots of issues once. It took her months to trust me enough before she'd even sleep on my bed. Just be patient.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless your heart -- I know how painful that is, when you want so much to give the kitty reassurance and she just isn't prepared to accept it. It might take months for her to realize that she's in a safe place now, with people she can count on, but she'll get it eventually. It sounds like you're already making progress!

Rescue Remedy is very nice, and I've found that the Beech tree oil made by Bach is also good. Feliway, on the other hand, seems to be far more effective in the form of the Comfort Zone diffuser than as a spray -- we found no success with the spray at all, but our six kitties can't live without the diffusers!

All good wishes... you're an angel for taking her in.

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
mzjazz2u \t"I've never heard of the stuff you mentioned. I've heard that a little vanilla on the necks of each kitty. I had a kitty with lots of issues once. It took her months to trust me enough before she'd even sleep on my bed. Just be patient."

I'm not sure if it was you who told me a while back about the vanilla thing, was it regular that you used it? I did do it for about 4 days, seemed to help a little.

leesali

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ladycat

Just finished a mini-course on Bach Flower Essences & Essential Oils/Hydrosols for felines. I could recommend an essence w/some more info. on the cat that is showing aggression...

1 - fear of strangers in your home?
2 - fear of unknown things or known things?
3 - aggressive play w/people?
4 - a bit of history of "kittenhood"

I know you mentioned, the new kitty was abandones twice in a row...was it a former-outside cat...did it have a long stay in a shelter...any info. would be helpful.

Keep in mind, flower essences are completely SAFE for animals. So, even if your first attempt at an essence is not a perfect match, you can try another essence without any harm being done to your cat.

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ok here we go again on the Nuit spiel! Her mom of 7 yrs was about to put her down cuz she couldn't find a home for her (mom was moving in with allergic boyfriend, still pissed me off) , another woman came to rescue her till she found a new home...the lady couldn't deal with her so right away she was looking for a home but hadn't had any luck until me and was about to bring her to a shelter, and the woman knew she would get put down there to do her behavior. Nuit is aggressive with people and my other cats. She had never been with other cats before. Granted we are in a lg apartment (landlord loved kitties, thank god)...there are 4 other cats...so it's been tough. She goes after the littlest cat the most and the worst. SHe is very hissy, growling and scratches and bites. the woman that took her in from being about to be pd said the mom was picking her up, cuddling and kissing her. She won't let us do that at all!!!!!!!She does have sweet moments but unfortuntly they don't outway

so there ya go!!

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Also it's been 2 1/2 months

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He he .... i brought Zoey my 3yr old home about 2.5 yr s ago to a then 16 yr old it took sixth months before all settled down////

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
hey sharky, been a long time!

funny the one i'm talking to you about now is named zoey!!!!
6 months , to be honest with this girl I'd be extactic if only took nuit 6 months.I have a possible new home for her...waiting to see if I can go through with it

leesali

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Two essences come to mind...Honeysuckle & Walnut.

Honeysuckle remedies homesickness & difficulty in adjusting to new circumstances; restoring adjustment. It specifically sites for animals that keep being re-homed.

Walnut remedies difficulties in adapting to new circumstances and restores the ability to adapt to change. This essence references cats that are under distress w/behavioral disorders (aggression) associated with transitions in life such as new surroundings.

Both essences can be combined and are actually linked to one-and-other.

Can purchase from: http://www.mybachremedies.com/ or any decent Vitamin Store will carry essences...you can even purchase on Ebay.

For dosage, you take 2 drops of essence or essences and add to 1 fluid ounce of spring water -- this treatment bottle will stay fresh for about 3-weeks. Standard dose is 4 drops by way of mouth...directly on tongue if possible..if not, onto nose where it can be licked off...rubbed into lips, etc. If you can't get near the cat for mouth dosage, you can try a spray method and spray on body & surrounding area.

If you see no immediate change in behavior, you can continue dosage for up to 5 days. If nothing changes after 5 days...you can try another remedy.

Give it a shot...again, essences are completely safe for felines, they are inexpensive and proven to work.

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
thanks leesali!
maybe I'll see if she can stick it out with us, I really don't want to rehome her but if this actually calms things down......