I just know there is going to be trouble

u8myufo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We are in the process of having all the facia and guttering replaced on the house, so the scaffolding is now up which gives Milo and Amber the chance to climb out the bedroom window at night and run along the top deck and snoop about
You should see them, talk about im the king of the castle, Milo has already gone up the chimney so I think he might be due for a downward trip soon

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, how nice of you to install a jungle gum for them to play on.
You may have to erect your own after the repair crew has left.

Milo? You may not play at being Santa Claus.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

u8myufo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I could close the window enough to stop them but Hey!! better they go on the roof than waking us up about 3am like they have been doing. I am looking for a catflap at the moment, the thing is I have only one option to place it. There is what you would call a spare door out the back which is never used as such, it is about five inches thick and made of solid oak, there is a cross member timber running along the bottom of it which means I have to fit said flap about 14inches from the bottom of the door. I know cats are a bit nimble but I dont want them to hurt themselves whilst trying to get in and out. So I decided on building a little platform on the inside and on the outside to help them. Come on guys there is looking after your pets and there is looking after your pets, since when did D.I.Y. come into it?
Next thing is they will want some secluded spot of their own to relax in, complete with sun loungers and ambient lighting. No!! No!! I cant go there.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by u8myufo

I could close the window enough to stop them but Hey!! better they go on the roof than waking us up about 3am like they have been doing. I am looking for a catflap at the moment, the thing is I have only one option to place it. There is what you would call a spare door out the back which is never used as such, it is about five inches thick and made of solid oak, there is a cross member timber running along the bottom of it which means I have to fit said flap about 14inches from the bottom of the door. I know cats are a bit nimble but I dont want them to hurt themselves whilst trying to get in and out. So I decided on building a little platform on the inside and on the outside to help them. Come on guys there is looking after your pets and there is looking after your pets, since when did D.I.Y. come into it?
Next thing is they will want some secluded spot of their own to relax in, complete with sun loungers and ambient lighting. No!! No!! I cant go there.
Could you put a cat flap in a ground floor window? We had a glazer/carpenter put one in a cellar window (not double-glazed) for our last cat, and it wasn't a big deal. Fourteen inches shouldn't present a problem, though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

u8myufo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thing is Jcat we live in a typical english cottage so a catflap in the downstairs window would look abit odd I think. what I could do though thinking about it, is incorporate the flap as part of the door by cutting the flap out of the door and fixing two way hinges on it.