I need some URGENT vibes and prayers!

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems like we just can't get our head above water lately.

Our African Grey Parrot, Fred has been sick all week. We thought he had a respiratory infection, or some sort of allergic reaction to something but when he wasn't responding to the medications we took him back in today.

Our Vet did x-rays and blood work and we found out that Fred has a tumor or a cyst or something (he can't be sure) growing in his neck that is obstructing his airway. My vet is awesome but doesn't have the technology to handle something like this so Monday he is calling the Vets that he studied under at LSU. Surgery will be dangerous in itself, but it may be the only chance that he has.

If these doctors think that they can help we may be trying to scrape up the money for a trip to Louisiana.
We're already stretched with taking care of Bea. We just can't catch a break it seems.

Will you guys please pray for Fred? My vet is getting in touch with the vets at LSU Monday morning and is supposed to call me after he speaks with them so we'll know more then. Please pray that its something that is treatable, and pray that we'll find the funds to make it happen. Being that its a school, we may get by cheaper but its still going to be a stretch.

Thank you guys so much for being so supportive lately.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh poor Fred. I am sending many prayers that it will work out affordable and that he will be okay
{{{{
}}}}

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maddensmom

It seems like we just can't get our head above water lately.

Our African Grey Parrot, Fred has been sick all week. We thought he had a respiratory infection, or some sort of allergic reaction to something but when he wasn't responding to the medications we took him back in today.

Our Vet did x-rays and blood work and we found out that Fred has a tumor or a cyst or something (he can't be sure) growing in his neck that is obstructing his airway. My vet is awesome but doesn't have the technology to handle something like this so Monday he is calling the Vets that he studied under at LSU. Surgery will be dangerous in itself, but it may be the only chance that he has.

If these doctors think that they can help we may be trying to scrape up the money for a trip to Louisiana.
We're already stretched with taking care of Bea. We just can't catch a break it seems.

Will you guys please pray for Fred? My vet is getting in touch with the vets at LSU Monday morning and is supposed to call me after he speaks with them so we'll know more then. Please pray that its something that is treatable, and pray that we'll find the funds to make it happen. Being that its a school, we may get by cheaper but its still going to be a stretch.

Thank you guys so much for being so supportive lately.
I am sending prayers and hugs for Fred, I do hope that they are able to see him. I have heard nothing but good about the LSU vet school, and I have also heard that every vet that comes out of that school is awesome.

Please keep us updated on how Fred is doing.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vibes to Fred. Years ago when we had our dog Cajun who was hit by a car when he was a pup we had to take him to UW-Madison vet school-the bill wasn't too bad at the time as he was there for a few days.
Good luck!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so very much!!

I am heartbroken, but Josh is devestated. He's had Fred for about 8 years now. He's his baby.

You guys are the best, thanks so much for the vibes!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maddensmom

Thank you all so very much!!

I am heartbroken, but Josh is devestated. He's had Fred for about 8 years now. He's his baby.

You guys are the best, thanks so much for the vibes!
Tell Josh that we are all praying for Fred, please try to not worry. I know it is hard, but you know that we are all here for you and for Josh.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aw, porr Fred! lots of vibes that his surgery is successful and not to pricey
{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}}