SO annoyed with my daughter!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My daughter is sick, she started throwing up late last night, has fever, chills, goopy nose, sneezing, and coughing. This is not why I'm annoyed, though.

She doesn't remember to cover her coughs and sneezes! She's eight years old, and you'd think after being reminded EVERY SINGLE TIME for the past six years to cover, she still does it only about 50% of the time. She "forgets." ARRGH!!!

Because of my compromised immune system, when she brings home a virus from school and I catch it from her, I get knocked down for WEEKS. More often than not, it turns into bronchitis and lately, pneumonia. I've lost months being horribly sick every year the past 3.5 years.

I still want to comfort her, and realize there is risk catching it anyway. But last night she coughed right in my face while I was holding her after she threw up. And this morning she just sneezed twice and "forgot" again. I'm SO mad and upset!

Thanks for listening; I don't know what else I can do but rant right now.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, that must be hard too because its not like you can show her your annoyed because she is feeling lousy.

What if you bribe her with money?? Tell her everytime you see her covering her mouth, you will give her a nickel..and when she doesn't cover it, you take one back??

I have no idea if that would work or if thats even a good idea..I am not good with kids

Good luck though, that would be frusterating.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

You are much kinder than me. I've been griping at her all morning.
Trust me, I am not kind..I am the same way with my 7 year old neice. I harp on her all the time if she's being annoying..I can't help it, I am not a kid person
I can handle her for the first 7 minutes, then I start getting annoyed

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cat Mommy

to you. I hope you both feel better soon
Thanks! I'm hoping she has the flu (one of the ones I've been vaccinated against). She didn't get the flu shot this year (it's a long, boring story why it didn't happen this year).

There's always hope.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Trust me, I am not kind..I am the same way with my 7 year old neice. I harp on her all the time if she's being annoying..I can't help it, I am not a kid person
I can handle her for the first 7 minutes, then I start getting annoyed
I don't do kids. That about sums it up. I'm rotten with kids...dogs & cats housetrain easier!
I just want to smack annoying kids...I don't babysit because I dislike kids so much. I have no patience, so kid(s) + me = trouble!

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I don't do kids. That about sums it up. I'm rotten with kids...dogs & cats housetrain easier!
I just want to smack annoying kids...I don't babysit because I dislike kids so much. I have no patience, so kid(s) + me = trouble!
Wow, this is so sad, so much negativity here. I'm sorry that you haven't had a good experience with kids so far. As Swampwitch says though...there's always hope

Swampwitch (sure wish I knew your real name
)...hugs for your daughter...hope she feels better sooner than later. And double hugs for you too. I certainly understand getting annoyed when a loved one sneezes without covering up their mouth!!!! While your daughter is 8 years old...you should try dealing with this sorta thing...from a 48 year old man! AAARRRGGGHHHH! My hubby rarely...if ever...covers his mouth!!!! I cannot stand it!

Good luck dear...hope all's well soon!

Hilda >^..^<

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The kids i teach are so well mannered and i just love them to bits!

I would so love to have 3 children of my own :p
untill i get to the supermarket and hear all those screaming bratty kids then i dont want them anymore

I really hope you dont catch this one! and that your daughter learns soon!

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My son is the same way. I have to remind him everytime..but granted he is 4.

I hope you do not get sick again and I hope your daughter can *remember* cover her month for your sake and for other people as well.

p.s. I would also be griping....sick or not, it is disrespectful, especially if you could really get sick from it.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Cats are easier than most people, that's for sure. Still want certain people around, though.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hilda>^..^<

Wow, this is so sad, so much negativity here. I'm sorry that you haven't had a good experience with kids so far. As Swampwitch says though...there's always hope

Nah, Natalie isn't negative...doesn't everyone want to smack annoying kids??

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nah, I want to smack their parents!
(But I can't- otherwise, I would have been smacked a few times myself when my daughter is trying to be a tiny dictator/tornado in public!
)

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well... there's no smaking going on here, that's not a legacy I will pass on to my daughter.

I was just thinking how she washes her hands when she's supposed to, and says, "No, thank-you" when offered unwrapped candy at school that everyone has touched. (Some educators are still doing this, or they let the kids dig with their dirty hands for a certain color jelly bean... This has been an on-going battle, but that's another story.)

I'm going to try to focus on all the stuff she does right. That, and get some sleep.

Thanks, everyone!

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I dont do kids either. I am never having kids.

Although, I may be getting soft in my years because I have an 11 month old nephew that I just adore. He's the only kid I like.