Da bird . Is it really thay good????

appleseed_1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
im sure most of you have heard of the cat toy called da bird.

ive seen the videos on their web and the cats go absolutely gaga when they see it.

IS IT REALLY THAT GOOD?????
i'd love to try it but i just cant find it in hong kong!
getting it shipped here is just so darn expensive

does anyone know where i can get it in HK???

THANKYOUU

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope so, as I can't get it in the UK, and my colleague is visiting her boyfriend in Maine at the moment, and I've asked her to bring me back a Da bird!

She had a cheaper version for her cat and apparently he went crazy for it.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can someone please post a link? I have no idea what you guys are talking about!!!!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by appleseed_1

im sure most of you have heard of the cat toy called da bird.

ive seen the videos on their web and the cats go absolutely gaga when they see it.

IS IT REALLY THAT GOOD?????
i'd love to try it but i just cant find it in hong kong!
getting it shipped here is just so darn expensive

does anyone know where i can get it in HK???

THANKYOUU
When people give me da bird, it makes me very angry!

Sorry, something may have been lost in translation there but seriously, I use a home made stick with feathers on the end of it. Keeps my cats entertained until I am the one that tires out. They do not know or care that I did not pay anything for it. Most of the toys for cats in the stores can easily be made, in fact, think of how much fun it would be to design your own cat toys and how much pride you would have entertaining your kittys with your own toy
design and knowing that you did it all.

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My 5 cats love it. They will play with it as long as I will wave it around for them. When I hide because if I don't they will drag it out , they know where it is and try to get it. I think its one of the best cat toys.My cats agree

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anytime the cats try to knock you down to get something I'd say PRETTY GOOD
Mine will jump 3 ft off the ground to get them.. I bought 4 of them on e-bay a few weeks ago there Fabulous
I think they were cheaper on e-bay to

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I still haven't got one of these yet, but eventually I will get one for Chasey. She likes toys with feathers on them.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just ordered one that has a bee on it instead of feathers from Drs Foster and Smith. I'll let you all know what we think of it after it arrives.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Da Bird is a real hit here! I've found just one online supplier in Germany who offers it, and have given plenty of them as Christmas presents. It's difficult to ship though, because of the length, but you can buy the replacement "birds", and attach them to another "fishing pole".

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow - my boys would love that! They really like wand toys, and love to watch the birds through the windows, so they would go crazy over that! I'd never heard of it before. Can you get them anywhere in Canada?

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Cats LOVE those types of toys
You can probably buy it online no problem.
Don't really like buying things online unless I can help it. Most sites seem to be US and by the time you add in shipping and handling, taxes, duty and exchange, it costs you twice as much as buying it in a store.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

Don't really like buying things online unless I can help it. Most sites seem to be US and by the time you add in shipping and handling, taxes, duty and exchange, it costs you twice as much as buying it in a store.
You might be able to find it at a reasonable price on ebay, e.g., http://cgi.ebay.com/Da-Bird-feather-...QQcmdZViewItem
The replacement "bird" would fit into an envelope, so you might be able to save S&H, customs duties, etc.. The usual "string" involved isn't any good, anyway, so you could just use elastic, dental floss, fishing line, or the like, and a pencil or ruler as a "handle".
I buy a lot of things online, but when international shipping is involved, I stick to small items that can be sent by regular mail, as customs usually doesn't check envelopes.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it's worth it.

Beauty is a cat that doesn't like to move unless she has to. She'll move for Da Bird.

All the cats have it timed in them now of when they think I should play with them. They know where I keep it (up high where they can't get to it, otherwise Whitey will destroy it) so they'll all sit around the high spot looking up at it. Just waiting...

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Yes, it's worth it.

Beauty is a cat that doesn't like to move unless she has to. She'll move for Da Bird.

All the cats have it timed in them now of when they think I should play with them. They know where I keep it (up high where they can't get to it, otherwise Whitey will destroy it) so they'll all sit around the high spot looking up at it. Just waiting...
My little girl Iris tries to lead me to the closet where it's kept and whines if I don't stop and get it out.