lol...apparently the tea kettle offends them!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol i had my tea kettle on the stove boiling some water so that i could have a little bit of tea. It's a whistling tea kettle. A minute ago it started to whistle very loudly- and it scared the tarnation out of the Kolar and the dogs
The dogs went nutso and started barking and howling at it
Kolar ran bout 90 miles an hour and hid under the bed to seek safety from the "evil whistling beast:
Anyone else's animals do this with your tea kettles? lol it's quite humorous!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Fortunatley mine doesn't whistle....I can only imagine if it did! Noodles would probably enter a glaring contest with it. Mooch would hide and peek from whatever hiding spot was farthest away yet still convenient.

Now that I think about it, I don't think it's ever bothered my dogs at my Mother's! Thoes 2 get going if you shut a closet in my old bedroom or even one upstairs. Crazy dogs!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Fortunatley mine doesn't whistle....I can only imagine if it did! Noodles would probably enter a glaring contest with it. Mooch would hide and peek from whatever hiding spot was farthest away yet still convenient.

Now that I think about it, I don't think it's ever bothered my dogs at my Mother's! Thoes 2 get going if you shut a closet in my old bedroom or even one upstairs. Crazy dogs!
I love my whistling one- i just got it a few weeks ago. It's fire engine red
/ I've used it several times now- and everytime - they all go crazy
Fosters and our new dog Digger just ran into the kitchen with their ears perked up and tails sticking straight up and went crazy trying figure out what it was

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mother used to have one of those while we lived in england, it reminds me of my childhood. I wouldnt mind getting one of those again, but i find it alot easier to use my cheap kettle that i got for 10 euros and its electric!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

Mine all duck and cover a little bit when the tea kettle whistles. Except for Leo. He investigates.
Gizmo is my "investigator"! All the other cats run, but Giz is up on the stove batting at the steam coming out of the kettle! Of course, this is also the one that decided to jump up on the open hot oven door when I was getting a pizza out one night. I've never seen a cat move so fast (he was fine...his paws were only on the stove for a split second and there was no damage). Guess he learned his lesson, he hasn't tried it again! I haven't figured out if he is really brave, or really stupid!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol...well i'm about to make some more tea. I have a feeling we'll have a repeat of last night

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Mmm, some tea sounds nice right now...
Doesn't it!
I'm thinking of fixing some of my apple cinnamon spice tea. It's yummy

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Aren't they used to hearing it Nikki?
lol apparently not
they freak out every time

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anya doesn't freak out at the tea kettle, but the gurgling of the coffee pot gets her every time. She jumps up on the counter next to it and puffs up twice her size and just watches it. I don't know what she expects it to do...