No Tip

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure where to post this so feel free to move it.

Does anyone own bowls that don't tip over? Benson has this habit of spilling his water when DH goes to bed. I can't take it away over night. I looked at some stainless steel dishes at petco and petsmart online but they have mixed reviews about mold/mildew on the rubber bottom.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a couple of the stainless steel bowls with the rubber bottoms, the ones that are "no tip". I simply took the rubber ring around the bottom of the bowl off....it was difficult to clean, & they still don't tip over without it!

I'll go see if I can find a link to the bowls I have!

I have one like the one on the bottom in this pic...it's different from a "standard" bowl....

http://www.pet-shop.net/assets/images/et6063.jpg

Here's a better pic of what I have!
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...V41802887_.jpg

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've seen some ceramic bowls that have the tilted outside edges much like the stainless ones. We had some for the dog..think we got them at PetSmart. Might just want to get small dog food dishes. For the cats water, though, we've got a little kitty fountain and they love it. It doesn't spill, but might be more than you want to spend. I think it was about $30.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

I have a mini-water cooler for the boys - they can't tip it over!
That's not true. I have photos of Kahu after knocking our one down - he is fascinated with water and so he will do anything to it! I will have to see if I find the original thread of when it happened!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG - well, the boys have never managed it! And they love to tip things containing water over too!

cairo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ah the water cooler. I just switched to those for both food and water. Since doing that their water intake has increased. My girls haven't manage to tip them over yet, but when it bubbles up they get all wet trying to poke their paws at what did that.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, mine drop stuff into the fountain.. Khan, king of all Bengals (just ask him), is teaching Joyeux, the marbled Bengal kitten menace.. to do this.. great fun to play in the water...
hehe

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

OMG - well, the boys have never managed it! And they love to tip things containing water over too!
I can't find the thread - might have been lost in the crash of 2004. I will look for the photos somewhere and put them up. Kahu is one of the naughtiest boys so I think he might be an exception.

Back onto the original subject - I use the stainless steel bowls with the rubber bottoms, I wash them regularly so no problem with mildew there. For food, I use the heavy ceramic ones.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cairo

Ah the water cooler. I just switched to those for both food and water. Since doing that their water intake has increased. My girls haven't manage to tip them over yet, but when it bubbles up they get all wet trying to poke their paws at what did that.
Mine splash in the basin when it's filling!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The fountain stopped the tipping for us. It was worth the investment. What about the stands they make for bows where they sit down in it? Maybe that would be harder to tip?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

The fountain stopped the tipping for us. It was worth the investment. What about the stands they make for bows where they sit down in it? Maybe that would be harder to tip?
I was thinking about the stands but then I pictured him putting his paw under the bowl and popping it out. He only does this at night. I have no idea what his issue is. Drives me insane. LoL Molly now loves being locked in the bedroom with us at night. She gets food ,water, litter, heat & us all to herself.

We are going to the pet store tomorrow. I hope we don't spend all the overtime money. We just spent 220$ at BJ's. LoL But I got throw pillows and that's all that counts.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 2 cermic type pet dishes. So far he has not dumped them over. I did try stainless steel type but he hated those. Here are the 2 I got. I paid like 2.50 a piece for these at Wall World each one weighs about 1/2 pound each:

This is what we currently use for the water. (pardon the floor I have not swept yet since supper)

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
We have metal and ceramic bowls in the kitchen. The metal ones are wider at the bottom like dog bowls and the cats cant tip them over on the wooden floor. And well the ceramic ones are too heavy unless kitty wants to spill her milk!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Ox eats his moist food his dish travels several inches. What I just did this week is to buy those silicone hot pads (about 5 inches square) and put the dish on hot. No moving dish and easy to clean. You could probaby cut it to size.
You can get these at most kitchen places, TJ Maxx etc....

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Addie can tip over even a super heavy large bowl. If she can't tip it, she will drag something (a blanket corner, usually) and put it in to soak the water out. We switched her to the fountain and that works as long as no blankets are nearby

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have been using the dog feeding pans for my guys..I got tired of them moving the no tip bowls and it splashing out-these seem stable enough they don't try to moe them(they do find it fun to put their ping pong balls in and smack them around but hey
the pan I am usind holds almost a gallon of water...great for the real multi cat enviroment