TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › New Hamster, what should I name it?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Hamster, what should I name it?

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
I bought a hamster today and I can't decide what to name it. Its a dwarf hamster and its grey with a little white stripe down its stomach. I don't have any pictures yet because I can't pick it up until Thursday. I want to name it either Frodo or Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings).

Which name do you think is better?
post #2 of 16
What about Chester? I had a hamster when I was a kid named Chester and he was the best hamster ever!
post #3 of 16
I have a syrian hamster called Peanut

As for names, I like Frodo, but you never can tell until you see them
post #4 of 16
What about Hammy?

I'm sorry, I am no good at naming hamsters...My cats name is Trout for god sakes
post #5 of 16
I think Frodo just seems very "hamster-ish".
post #6 of 16
I like Frodo!
post #7 of 16
Out of the two names, i think Frodo is the cutest
post #8 of 16
Well, I think Frodo is easier, maybe, but I like Gandalf better, and since he's gray with a white stripe, that works since Gandalf started out a gray wizard and became the white wizard. I think it's perfectly suited. Of course, there's always the option of Merri, Samwise (Sam for short), and I can't for the life of me think of the other hobbit now.

Of course, in our somewhat sick sense of humored household, it would probably get a name like... "Bait" or "Snack".. I keep vetoing the introduction of a poor little hamster or something to my sister who keeps saying, you know, the cats would really like one of those in a hamster ball.. I'm like.. yeah.. not so good for the hamster.

"Yeah so, what happened to your hamster, Heather?" Well, there was this hamster ball.. two Bengals and a Mau..who thought it was great fun to chase the hamster around in the ball... I think it died of a heart attack..

Anyway, Gandalf was my vote.. and best of luck! Let us know what you name it!
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by white cat lover View Post
I think Frodo just seems very "hamster-ish".
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by white cat lover View Post
I think Frodo just seems very "hamster-ish".
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter View Post
Of course, in our somewhat sick sense of humored household, it would probably get a name like... "Bait" or "Snack".. I keep vetoing the introduction of a poor little hamster or something to my sister who keeps saying, you know, the cats would really like one of those in a hamster ball.. I'm like.. yeah.. not so good for the hamster.
Name it snack or lunch in another language!
Might I suggest a cage with very good lid locks? If you're going to use one of those plastic cages with all the tubes those can break apart easily, be careful where you put it so kitties don't get at it.
post #12 of 16
Sticking to the L of the Rings theme, what about Gimli? Has a ring to it!
post #13 of 16
I think you know your answer...Frodo lol

We had a dwarf rabbit years ago named Frodozaphod (not my doing)

I think Frodo just suits tiny critters
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouts mom View Post
What about Hammy?

I'm sorry, I am no good at naming hamsters...My cats name is Trout for god sakes
That is what Peanut is usually called!
post #15 of 16
I voted other and suggest "Lobster". No, I haven't totally gone off the deep end. Let me explain...

When a local grocery opened a new store, they introduced a fresh seafood department. On my first visit I was looking at the live lobsters when a young boy was heard saying, "Mommy, Mommy! They got hamsters! Daddy showed me" while dragging Mommy behind him. Mommy giggled and explained what they were. Then she said, "Daddy likes to eat those."

The kid's reaction. --->

Out there somewhere is a teenager in therapy.
post #16 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter View Post
Well, I think Frodo is easier, maybe, but I like Gandalf better, and since he's gray with a white stripe, that works since Gandalf started out a gray wizard and became the white wizard. I think it's perfectly suited. Of course, there's always the option of Merri, Samwise (Sam for short), and I can't for the life of me think of the other hobbit now.
Thats what I was thinking, that Frodo is easier, but I do like Gandalf better. It does just fit perfectly.

I could just see me now...Milo/Zebra leave Gandalf alone.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › New Hamster, what should I name it?