Isis and more tests.

rosey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok so I talked to the vet about Isis and my concerns about her being on meds long term. She told me that there are other tests to determine if she really does have asthma or if it's something else. She said she could have asthma and just never be able to get weaned off the meds or it could be something else and the tests will be able to let us know.
So we're going to do that Monday.
I'm nervous but on the other hand, if it's not asthma, I want to fix that problem.

I guess they are going to put her to sleep, flush water down her and get some cells back and do a puncture too. Sounds kinda nasty but she said she would be ok since she is asleep.

Anyone had that done before?

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosey

Ok so I talked to the vet about Isis and my concerns about her being on meds long term. She told me that there are other tests to determine if she really does have asthma or if it's something else. She said she could have asthma and just never be able to get weaned off the meds or it could be something else and the tests will be able to let us know.
So we're going to do that Monday.
I'm nervous but on the other hand, if it's not asthma, I want to fix that problem.

I guess they are going to put her to sleep, flush water down her and get some cells back and do a puncture too. Sounds kinda nasty but she said she would be ok since she is asleep.

Anyone had that done before?
Nope, but I am sending hugs and prayers for you and for Isis for Monday.

Please keep us updated on her when you find out something.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rosey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I will. I am so nervous about this. I thought the other test was a for sure thing but i guess not. I'd rather not be treating her for asthma if that's not what she has. That's the way I look at it. She is strong so I think she'll do ok. She's gonna hate me on monday.