Favorite baked potato toppings

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought a 15 pound bag of the largest baking potatoes today.
Of course I bought the requiste butter, sour cream, shredded cheese and bacon-all highly nutrious lo cal toppings!!

What do you like on your baked potatoes?????

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just butter, nothing else, butter only. And I like lots of it too, and it hasta be real butter.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well.....you pretty much named them all. Butter, sour cream, cheese and bacon. That sounds like a wonderful idea for dinner tonight!

Pookie & the girls

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Living in Wisconsin I only use butter (its so cheap!!!) The grocery store had 16 oz containers of sour cream for 88 cents and 8 oz pkg of shredded cheese for $1!! (Butter was $1.98) and the tater's where like $3.00 for the 15 pound bag!!

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Living in Wisconsin I only use butter (its so cheap!!!) The grocery store had 16 oz containers of sour cream for 88 cents and 8 oz pkg of shredded cheese for $1!! (Butter was $1.98) and the tater's where like $3.00 for the 15 pound bag!!
We pay $2 for sour cream, $4 for 8oz cheese and 1lb of butter and 10 lb taters for $2 (Cdn $)

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i like butter, sour cream, sauteed onions & sauteed mushrooms. oh, & of course....
!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh now I want a baked potato!!!!
I will have one for lunch then!

I like everything - onion, bacon, cheese, sour cream and green herb stock powder - very flavourful!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Butter, more butter, more butter and then more butter. I'd love to get butter for $1.98!
It's closer to $4.00 per pound here but it sure beats the heck out of margarine.

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really like to eat salsa on my baked potatoes and it's not high in calories either.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love mine loaded with steamed veggies, butter, cheese and sour cream. The butter, cheese and sour cream tend to undo the good effects of the steamed veggies, though, so I usually settle for the veggies and a dab of fat-free sour cream.

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cut baked potato open and add butter before pouring on hot baked beans and then grated cheese on top

'Tis the English way

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

I bought a 15 pound bag of the largest baking potatoes today.
Of course I bought the requiste butter, sour cream, shredded cheese and bacon-all highly nutrious lo cal toppings!!

What do you like on your baked potatoes?????
All of the above!! But I rarely eat baked 'tators.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When served as a side dish: butter, butter and more butter (with a sprinkle of salt and pepper).

When eaten as a main entree: chili, cheese and sour cream, heaping over the top and spilling over the sides.