dry food for kittens

chicaloca

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi everone! this is my first post as ive just joined looks like a great forum tho

i got a coupla baby girlies a coupla weeks ago, theyll be 12 weeks on monday and are keeping me busy the cute wee terrors hehe. we've been giving them fresh food, like chicken and fish and also dry food. we've been giving them Iams although i know one vets reccommends science diet. does anyone have any advice for me please on which is the best dry food? thanks a lot

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by chicaloca

hi everone! this is my first post as ive just joined looks like a great forum tho

i got a coupla baby girlies a coupla weeks ago, theyll be 12 weeks on monday and are keeping me busy the cute wee terrors hehe. we've been giving them fresh food, like chicken and fish and also dry food. we've been giving them Iams although i know one vets reccommends science diet. does anyone have any advice for me please on which is the best dry food? thanks a lot
I don't have much "personal" advice, all I can offer is I wanted to switch my crew over to a better food and a lot of the advice from this forum was to use Chicken Soup for cats. I took the crew to the vets this Tuesday and the vet said it was a great food as well and my cats love it.
Science diet is a little iffy only cause all my cats refuse to touch it. It must taste awful! Like a rice cake to us.

I've also heard that Natures choice is good. I think that's the name of it. It's in a dark green bag and I think it's made by Purina.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Nutro Complete for Kittens is a really good dry.
that is what I use only thing Zoey likes...

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lisasha3

I don't have much "personal" advice, all I can offer is I wanted to switch my crew over to a better food and a lot of the advice from this forum was to use Chicken Soup for cats. I took the crew to the vets this Tuesday and the vet said it was a great food as well and my cats love it.
Science diet is a little iffy only cause all my cats refuse to touch it.
It must taste awful! Like a rice cake to us.

I've also heard that Natures choice is good. I think that's the name of it. It's in a dark green bag and I think it's made by Purina.
If you get a hundred responses to your posting you may get a hundred different opinions. Both my cats get NOTHING BUT dry Science Diet and they both love it and thrive on it. I put Persi on it when I brought him home at age seven weeks. Alley is a rescued cat and started eating Persi's food as soon as we brought her home. So, just add my opinion to the many that are out there. Actually, it is not an opinion, it was just by chance I picked this to feed Persi and since he has done so well on it I never wanted to change his diet despite all the bad comments that you will see here about Science Diet. I was worried about what to feed Alley, but she made the decision for us by heading straight for Persi's food supply. Guess it is like everything else, so much just depends on the cat.

kittiesx2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I switched my kittens to Chicken Soup kitten yesterday and they really like it
It's one of the less expensive premium foods and they seem to think that it tastes great

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chicaloca

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hey everyone thanks a lot for the answers. unfortunately im in the uk and i dont think we have the Chicken Soup over here although it sounds like a lot of furrballs like it!
lisasaha i must be strange i like rice cakes

im feeding them Iams at the mo along with fresh meat but would like to have dried as well to keep their teeth healthy. knowing my luck id buy a big bag of dried food only for my little princesses to turn up their noses at it!
thanks for the answers!

semiferal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where are you located and what options do you have in terms of pet supply stores/feed stores where you live? That will help us give better information.

Another great resource is http://www.petfooddirect.com. They will deliver food and other supplies directly to your home if you are in the US. Register with them and they'll regularly email you online coupons good for up to 30% off. It's really helpful if you live in an area without many good pet supply stores or if you are just busy and like the convenience of having everything delivered right to your door!

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you have a Walmart, they sell (in the US, at least) Maxximum Kitten formula- inexpensive, first ingredient is chicken, and there are several members here who have used it and like it (my foster kitten did, and my adult cats loved it when they could sneak it
). I know that you can have a harder time finding high quality cat food where you are - the folks on my Boxer dog forum are always on the hunt for good food

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chicaloca

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thanks everyone

im in the uk (england) hehe although im scottish. not sure if you gys in the US get i but i got me wee girlies some royal canin earler and they seem to love it
once i figure out how to post a piccy ill post a piccy of me two girlies on it
theyre called minnie and tifa hehe