I told my daughter to smack that woman!!

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Forgot to tell you guys this story.
I went to the vets with my crew on Tuesday and when I was up at the counter checking them in my 12 year old was sitting with all of them in the waiting room. There was a woman across from her with one cat in a cage. Well my daughter didn't tell me this until after the woman had gone in for her appointment, but apparently the woman told her how she use to have 3 cats. 2 of them never really got along and fought a lot so she said she just decided one day to let them duke it out on their own.
Well apparently the fight got out of hand so instead of separating them again she said she had had enough and let them both outside to duke it out.
Well - she then proceeds to tell my daughter that she doesn't have either one of them any more because coyotes came and killed them both!!!
What an idiot!!!
So I told my 12 year old - if anyone ever tells you a story like that again you call them an idiot and smack them across the face for being stupid!
I'll back you up! People can be so idiotic!!!

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good grief! She sounds like she was just one of those weird, mean, old gals! You know, the kind that lives down the road, by herself, in a dark old crabby house, spiders everywhere, dust and cobwebs...makes green cookies.

Hilda >^..^<

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hilda>^..^<

Good grief! She sounds like she was just one of those weird, mean, old gals! You know, the kind that lives down the road, by herself, in a dark old crabby house, spiders everywhere, dust and cobwebs...makes green cookies.

Hilda >^..^<
seriously, what a freak!

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It never fails to surprise as to the STUPID things people say to children. What ever happened to common sense?!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sadie's Mom

It never fails to surprise as to the STUPID things people say to children. What ever happened to common sense?!
O my
I would have told ur daughter to do the same thing, and if I would have heard that story well
How can people be so mean and stupid

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I don't know if I would have told a 12 year old to smack an adult...(I'm too much of a peace loving hippy for that...hey, we don't have a Peace smilie
)...but she was just definitely in the wrong telling a child that horrible story.

Hilda >^..^<

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hilda>^..^<

Well I don't know if I would have told a 12 year old to smack an adult...(I'm too much of a peace loving hippy for that...hey, we don't have a Peace smilie
)...but she was just definitely in the wrong telling a child that horrible story.

Hilda >^..^<
I understand - and I guess it was more "figuratively". She's almost 13 and she knows better then to smack someone, but she understood what I was saying and had she mouthed off to the lady for being stupid. I probably would not have scolded her for it. She's got very strong feelings for these tiny furballs like I do and that lady deserved it!

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a horrible woman to tell anyone such a story much less a 12 year old and what's worse if she had done something like that she probably has done worse.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lisasha3

I understand - and I guess it was more "figuratively". She's almost 13 and she knows better then to smack someone, but she understood what I was saying and had she mouthed off to the lady for being stupid. I probably would not have scolded her for it. She's got very strong feelings for these tiny furballs like I do and that lady deserved it!
I too understand. At times it seems even some 13 year olds have better sense than some adults.

Hilda >^..^<

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My goodness!
Some people! And telling all of this to a child non-the-less. What was she even thinking? She's going to torment children or cause them to become like her!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Or kick her...good for you though! Some people do just need to be smacked!

One girl in our office is like that. She found a kitten and didn't want to keep it, so she just let it go in some woods by her house.

So the engineers all played a joke on her (cause they didn't like what she did), so they hid a baby monitor near her desk, borrowed a crying kitten and had it cry into the other monitor.

Keep in mind too, this girl isn't errr....well she's missing that plastic thingy that holds a 6 pack together. Anyways the engineers said that they all watched her look around her desk for the kitten, calling it, etc and they just sat there and laughed at her.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What an idiot lady..I sometimes wish we could take peoples pets away..like a "citizens arrest" type thing, but instead of arresting, we just take their pet from them so they can't harm them. It should be allowed

furry4fury

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sadie's Mom

My husband asks that all the time!!! As well as Common courtesy...you know like when you walking in a door and continue to hold it for someone else and they just walk thru without even acknowledging you
or they walk thru the door first and close it on you

Ok I have to stop there it makes me mad too to think that we have no common sense or courtesy left in society.
Denise

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, what a stupid woman. Was she proud of what she did? Why would she tell that to a kid?

We've had more than one person say to our daughter, "You don't have any brothers or sisters? You should have a sibling, otherwise you will be lonely."

:censor::censor::censor:??? Saying that to a little kid? Some people don't listen to themselves when they speak.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by furry4fury

My husband asks that all the time!!! As well as Common courtesy...you know like when you walking in a door and continue to hold it for someone else and they just walk thru without even acknowledging you
or they walk thru the door first and close it on you

Ok I have to stop there it makes me mad too to think that we have no common sense or courtesy left in society.
Denise
Don't even get me started on this subject!!

In that department I maybe haven't taught my kids the best because it ticks me off so much that if I hold the door for someone and they walk through and say nothing I always tap them on the shoulder and say "You're welcome" and walk away.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have reacted the same way but I wouldn't have told her to smack an adult.. I would have went over there myself and smacked her myself. what a witch!
I can't believe she told that to a young child!!
what the heck is WRONG with people these days?! seriously!!