Update on Singa and Soleil...

x-ta-z

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My initial plan to get a companion for Singa in order to distract her from scratching at my door early in the morning has failed....

This morning I had a big scratching monster and a little scratching monster side by side... sitting in front of my door... pretending to be little angels when I finally gave in and opened the door

Soleil and Singa are finally becoming friends
for better or for worse

Later I found them wrestling. Soleil 'attacking' as usual and Singa brining her to the floor and on her back in one 'gentle' stroke.
Then something happened that made me crack up. Singa pinned her down my sitting on Soleils tummy. Not really hurting her, but giving her no room to get up for about 5 seconds
.... it reminded me of my brother and me when we were wrestling when we were young... Today we are the best of friends

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh that is good news
it does seems an endless task when they are fighting and stuff, wishing & hoping that they´ll be friends, but it does happen
You´ll have to get some photos of the little monkies for us

Now about that scratching at the door............ummm

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so glad that Singa and Soleil have worked out their differences!
I can't offer any advise on the door scratching as all of mine hate closed doors and will cry waiting for them to be opened.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A second vote for pictures of Soleil!! I've been reading about this little cutie, now I want to see her

Maybe a pic of the "dynamic duo" now that they are friends??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

x-ta-z

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JellyBella

A second vote for pictures of Soleil!! I've been reading about this little cutie, now I want to see her

Maybe a pic of the "dynamic duo" now that they are friends??
Ummm.... will try... they are really fast
and Soleil is constnatly hiding in a carton box (maybe a sign that I should start unpacking those leftover boxes from the move
)

brb

firebirdmagic

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
In my history with my guys, I've learned that there is no such thing as a closed door to them, even if they don't care whats on the other side, they sence something out there and will incestantly scratch at the door till opened. My whiskey scratches at the front door (only closed door in the apartment) then takes a look out, then cowars back into the apt. go figure ?? Mike Medford, ore

cairo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I need new carpet thanks to the mystery behind every door in the house! Once the carpet was damaged beyond repair, I just started ignoring their scratching, but let them in at the first meow. They seem to have stopped scratching altogether, but I'm not sure I'm ready for a new carpet yet.

fiftyfour

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aw I'm glad they are getting along!

About the scratching at the door thing, I have a suggestion but it might be a bit mean. My kitten Yoshi scratches at my door sometimes too. I throw a baseball at the door and it makes a loud bang. He gets startled and runs away.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by x-ta-Z

My initial plan to get a companion for Singa in order to distract her from scratching at my door early in the morning has failed....

This morning I had a big scratching monster and a little scratching monster side by side... sitting in front of my door... pretending to be little angels when I finally gave in and opened the door

Soleil and Singa are finally becoming friends
for better or for worse

Later I found them wrestling. Soleil 'attacking' as usual and Singa brining her to the floor and on her back in one 'gentle' stroke.
Then something happened that made me crack up. Singa pinned her down my sitting on Soleils tummy. Not really hurting her, but giving her no room to get up for about 5 seconds
.... it reminded me of my brother and me when we were wrestling when we were young... Today we are the best of friends
Couldn't stop laughing when I read the first part! To funny! Completely pictured it! It sounds like they are getting along great!
Can't wait to see pics!