I Think I'm In Trouble?

kittypaws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well i had a fight with Troy about the cats yes there always the main source of a fight
. But as you all know i stay at home yeah funny.. i'm a stay at home FUR mom. I have no skin kids, don't plan on either they drive me bonkers and Troy likes kids but not when they have to live with us
. But anyways you all know i changed to the Raw Diet i was talking about it before i left. I have 12 cats on a Raw Diet i'm sure you can see my point in the price. Well the 3 14wk old kittens are full raw almost only a little can now and then. Then i'm just giving the 4 5wk old kittens a sample of it with some can and goat milk there tummys need to adjust to things other than moms milk and it would be pushing at this age to go to far. But that doesn't side tract i have 5 other cats Cookie and Charisma are still under 1 but there still eating like adult cats. Then with Faith being a lard and Lilly nursing i have to keep weight going around. Dayton is a cow and i keep having to manage his feed because i don't want his tummy getting upset. He cries though so i give him wet now and then in his kitty pen by him self to make him happy.

But i have bills my house, car, insurance etc. The total cost a month is almost $400 a month for me in CAT FOOD! Its insane i go threw almost 17lbs of meat a week i sware there porkers! Lilly is 12 1/3-13lbs and Faith is 14lbs she got a little chubby and i cut her back since the babies stopped weaning. According to my vet there fine, she said to try and get Faith nice and trimmed but still a little plump to get a good fur coat. Then he wants me to keep Lilly a little big for the kittens, she isn't that big of a cat but Faith and Dayton are pretty good looking. Are these weights off you know i will easily fix them just trying to keep up reports from the vet. But Troy just thinks its crazy what i spend and i guess the "Its a Meat Diet" did not cross his mind yet
. Meat is expensive i buy Brazo produects from Barfdirect.com. I get vension, buffalo, veggie, pork blend, Salmon & Lamb Blend. I miss them up in many styles i mainly feed Buffalo or Vension and then some Veggie Blend. My vet thought it was a great blend that and each cat likes there own little thing

I think he's just really mad i said no bengals. I understand he makes the money blah blah but i take care of the animals. Belive me its NOT simple with 12 cats 7 being kittens and then 3 dogs and his macaws. That and he just built his finished the outside enclosure 2wks ago. But what can i do? I already had to give up Smore because i could not handle it, he knows if i go back to work i would have to give up the animals and honestly his butt can hit the road before my fur-babies i have loving parents that will accept the clan. I just feel like he is trying to down grade what i do? I mean really he doesn't do much at work and i told him several times were find and if he really is worried STOP SPENDING MONEY!
He gets me so upset he always buys things with out telling me and i do the bills like the enclosure i said people say just simple, secure, safe items. Not rack up the bills by buying a bunch of expensive things. Then trying to blame it on me i SWARE!

Then his buddy days what is this the jungle! I was fine twice a month they can come over and drink i'll lock the babies in with me in my room because really they rather stay with me than run around anyways. But now he's doing it every week-end and its driving me up the wall. I tried a sit down and talk and he blew me off
. Its just been sticky since we got married i do love him and thats no doubt but he knows there is know contest i love my animals. I've owned animals for to long to replace them with a man, i mean really what guy would blame things i his new bride over a cat? He is worse than me at least make it worth my time to fight with you. Atleast he's not a guy to go on and on he just walks away instead of making things worse. But JEEZ!

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmmm maybe his reactions to the cats is not really the cats that bothers him but something else. Dan and I are having the same issues. He goes out every weekend with his buddies while my pregnant butt stays home alone with the cats. I mean yeah i can understand when we first started dating but we are going on two years and our first child...come on! i know its because things have changed in our relationship...maybe your hubby is going out to blow off steem. Maybe the cats are just his way of saying...spend more time doing for me then for the cats? sometimes dan thinks I spend more time loving mikey than i do him....men need alot of attention, more than we think they do.

i hope things get better and you can keep as many of your furry babies as you can afford to. (they have an expensive diet...thats more than dan and i spend on ourselves for for grocerys..
)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittypaws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah there expensive but well worth it in the long run. Healthy, happy and loving pets. Really i think it has nothing to do with money he just makes it turn out that way. Because he knows its silly being mad at me over a cat when he knows i strugle now with 12 i can't possibly handle more specially a bengal kitten. I hate when he goes "out" we have a strip bar 10 miles from us and i swore to beat him sense-less if he walked threw that bar door! lol and he knows i mean it to.

Yeah he does need "a lot" of attention aka he ticks me off then he just ends up on the couch. We just got married its just very stressing right now i hope it works its self out. Because between me and him were not fixing anything by talking because talking becomes a fight a fight is just crazy in a household. Specially if you have that many cats and a stressed enough mommy cat trying to care for 4 frisky 5wk old kittens. I tried the whole thearpy/shrink idea he said he would shoot him self first. Don't you just love his positive attuide **rollseyes**.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know you are looking for support from us with your issue, however no offense, but if I was the only one working to support my family and my spouse was spending upwards of $400.00 per month on pet food, I'd have a fit.

Cats do just fine on regular food and there is no reason to have them eat a raw diet, especially when it costs so much.

It sounds to me based on a number of things you said in your post, that you take your husband for granted and don't seem to have consideration for the fact that he's the one out there getting up everyday and going to work in order to put food and a roof over all of your heads.

Frankly it sounds to me like you have it pretty good. No kids and being able to stay at home and not work at all. I don't think you have cause to complain really.

Switch your cats over to regular diet and you will cut the pet food bill by half, and I'm sure your husband would be more than appreciative that you care enough about him to meet him 1/2 way on this. You still get to keep the cats, you still get to stay home, and you both have an extra $200.00 per month to sock into savings for a rainy day.

kittypaws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The reason i do complain before we got engaged he was living with me and not working i was busting my *** off to support a guy that had not even shown much of a good relationship. Now its my turn to be lazy, and he hardly does a thing at his job he sits in a comfy heated office half the day. Also i do not like the fact your trying to tell me what to feed my cats. Honestly i can feed them raw if i want to. It has nothing to do with the food at all its us not the cats that are the problem.

He's mad i said no bengals, he's not home caring for them all he's not home listening to 3 VERY loud macaws. Honestly its exhausting staying home and thats why i'm looking in to a job offer. Just to prove how much he will miss and how much i do around the house. He wants me to take care of everything and still thinks i owe him something. NO i do not own him a dang thing, if it wasn't for me 2yrs ago he would be sleeping in the street. So he's lucky he purpose or he would be, i'm not supporting a dead head boyfriend. Once he got a nice paying job we moved, once he purposed i stopped working. He is the one that wanted animals i just got caught up in cats once i joined the site. I only had 1 when i started here now i have 12.

At any time he could of said no more! Now he says i can start doing TNR? I do not understand him at all, maybe because i want to go back to work. He figures if i start doing TNR i will have to stay home. I cook, clean, do the bills, take care of animals. He does nothing but sit on his *** all day doing nothing but taking phone calls now and then. So really i am not showing anything, i do love him and i show him that everyday. But trying to say i don't do much is a bunch of crap. I'm a very good wife and i wont be told otherwise by a man that is clearly blind of things. So maybe i should stop doing things for a few days and see how everything goes down hill! So no Natalie i should not cut down on anything. I have a right to be happy and support my cats diet any way i choose!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with you, marriage is a two way street, both people need to give. I would also feed my animals what ever I wanted to feed them. As long as nothing else is not getting neglected ( bills and stuff like that), then it is your business what you want to feed them.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I know you are looking for support from us with your issue, however no offense, but if I was the only one working to support my family and my spouse was spending upwards of $400.00 per month on pet food, I'd have a fit.

Cats do just fine on regular food and there is no reason to have them eat a raw diet, especially when it costs so much.

It sounds to me based on a number of things you said in your post, that you take your husband for granted and don't seem to have consideration for the fact that he's the one out there getting up everyday and going to work in order to put food and a roof over all of your heads.

Frankly it sounds to me like you have it pretty good. No kids and being able to stay at home and not work at all. I don't think you have cause to complain really.

Switch your cats over to regular diet and you will cut the pet food bill by half, and I'm sure your husband would be more than appreciative that you care enough about him to meet him 1/2 way on this. You still get to keep the cats, you still get to stay home, and you both have an extra $200.00 per month to sock into savings for a rainy day.
I didn't work when my children were little, my husband never complained about the money I spent or anything, as long as the bills were paid he didn't care how much I spent or what I bought.

kittypaws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Exactly! Thank you very much for understanding that. Were fine even with me spending $400 on the cats a month we still have $600 left a month that we put in to savings. He just likes to complain about things!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittyPaws

Exactly! Thank you very much for understanding that. Were fine even with me spending $400 on the cats a month we still have $600 left a month that we put in to savings. He just likes to complain about things!
Yep, some men just like to complain about stuff I guess, my husband does that sometimes, but not to often.

kittypaws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
lol, i think its a hobby for him. Because i don't listen anyways he just blabs and i think sometimes he forgets what he's telling me haha.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittyPaws

lol, i think its a hobby for him. Because i don't listen anyways he just blabs and i think sometimes he forgets what he's telling me haha.