Karma, attacking me on the computer

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Okay, this is a new behavior for her. I spend a lot of time playing and cuddleing her but I don't think she thinks its enough.

She has started attacking me while I am on the computer. She really does it when I am on TCS. If I try to tell my DH something I read she comes at me full force and won't stop. If I spend more then 10 minutes just reading and responding she attacks. My DH works on the computer all day and she does not do it to him, only me. It is starting to get annoying. The only way I can get her to stop is to log off and go back to my chair in the living room. The only other time is if my DH distracks her by playing with her or holding her but as soon as she notices I am a gonner.

How can I get her to stop? I spend a good 2 hours every day playing with her. Its like she wants ALL my attention ALL the time.

The only way I was able to get this up is because she is eating dinner in the other room.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From all your posts it sounds like your kitty is spoiled rotten

Maybe she's trying to train you?

I don't know what to suggest on this one, obviously ignoring her wouldn't work. If it were one of my cats I'd just lock them out of the room
but you've mentioned before that she'll cry at the door. Hmm, spray bottles and cans of air are out, they'll meet an untimely fate. What happens if you hiss at her? Does she come back later for revenge or does she back off and leave you be?
Maybe play with her a bunch and hope it tires her out before you use your computer?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hissing at her gets you punched. I have tried playing with her till she is tired. Sometimes that works other times she will still get up and attack me.

Right now my DH has her on his lap and is playing with her. That seems to work but it will get old since he won't be able to do anything untill I get off the computer.

Yea she is spoiled and that is my fault, now I am paying for it.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KarmasMom

Hissing at her gets you punched.
Ohh, that's right, I forgot she did that before when you tried it.

Well, last option is sneaking on when she's asleep and typing very quietly.

Does she still get mad if you hold her in your lap and pet her with one hand while you're at the computer?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

aww bless, she just loves her meowmy sooo..ooo much

can you close the door ?
Yes she does love her Meowmy, somtimes a bit too much

Unfortunately no I can't close the door. If I try to lock her up she will either open the door herself or throw herself against the door relentlessly untill I let her out. The computer is in the main part of the house. We are in a one bedroom aparment so its in the livingroom area. As long as I pick and choose when I get on the computer she is fine. I really must work around her and when she feels like getting attention. I will figure it out. So for now its log in/log out, as fast ad I can.