Threads you start?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you get excited when you see more than one page of replies to the threads you start? Or is it just me?

Also, do you get a little sad when no one replies to your thread? Even though you thought that more people would reply?

Just curious

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep and yep

Its nice to know people enjoy your thread..or care enough to give their 2 cents..

On the other hand, it sucks to get no replies. I try to reply in a thread that has zero replies because I don't want that person to feel bad

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Yep and yep

Its nice to know people enjoy your thread..or care enough to give their 2 cents..

On the other hand, it sucks to get no replies. I try to reply in a thread that has zero replies because I don't want that person to feel bad

I feel sad when no one replies!!

The first thread I ever started that got over two pages I was so excited!!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I liked it when I wanted to die last night and everyone kept me laughing and my mind pretty much off my poor sore booty.
So I guess yes it is nice to know that I have such good friends that will help me through things when I need the help. Does that answer your question?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do I do!

I very rarely start threads though, maybe I'm afraid of rejection
should be used to it by now

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had a couple of dud threads here and there, but hey, life goes on.

I do like to respond to as many threads as possible...I guess I see it as good karma for my own thread-posting abilities.

markvg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Threads move pretty fast here. I am in the "computer" business all day long and alot of times don't want to to get on the computer when I get home.

In my case, it is just a matter of exposure to the threads. I miss a whole bunch of them but it is nothing against anyone who starts them.

I wish I had more time to get to see them all.

furry4fury

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I like to see a good response, I try to respond as much as I can. The threads do move very quickly, and being at home on stupid dial-up I can't keep up. Then when I'm at work the stupid phone keeps ringing and clients keep walking in (I'm the main receptionist at a law firm with 13 lawyers. ~Giggle~) I like it when everyone gives me their opinions, thats usually why I post something. :eek:)

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I get excited all the time! But it's annoying like when ive gone away or not been on for a little bit...you people sleep at weird times :p Then i have to try and find the new thread and bump it

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not so much on more than one page in replies especially since I have my pages set at 40 posts per page.... But I do like when people respond, but I don't get upset or sad if there are not that many posts to my threads, I know there are a lot of people here and I like to see how many read it and that makes me feel better.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes and yes for me too.

I kinda feel bad if no one replies sometimes, then I just figure it was a stupid thread to begin with.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes and yes too! I try not to take it personal if people don't respond though. I mean there are lots of threads posted and replied to every day. But it does mean a lot when you do get responses. Esp when I was a newbie.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Do you get excited when you see more than one page of replies to the threads you start? Or is it just me?

Also, do you get a little sad when no one replies to your thread? Even though you thought that more people would reply?

Just curious
Yes to both of your questions

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yep its always nice to feel wanted eh !
I remember a while back we were talking a bit about this and some people said they didnt reply if the subject/question had already been covered, or if they had no experience. I always like to make some comment even if its just to offer support and let the OP know theres someone out there thinking about them
It can be hard, cos as already mentioned the threads do move so quick

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Do you get excited when you see more than one page of replies to the threads you start?
Not really. I don't really feel one way or another about the number of replies a thread I started garners. Sure it's nice to be listened to and not in a room filled with people and talking to yourself. But so long as one person replies I'm happy with that. At least I don't feel like I'm talking to myself.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

More surprised than excited!

Yes, specially if it's in the "Our Feline Companions" forums. Looking for a solution/advise to our cats' problems is important and when no one replies it's like nobody cares.