There's something really wrong with my cat...please help!

supernatural

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Her name's Princess, we had her for about 3 or 4 years now. She's very timid, and very small (She can be considered a kitten, she isn't very big at all). Shes a Seal-point Himalayan cat, and its rare when you see her, because like I said, she's very timid. But she is very beautiful, always has been.
Anyway, not long ago Princess was in heat (Shes fixed, btw). And she was as happy as can be, jumping all around and meowing, the only time she comes out. But then just last night I found her dragging herself...she can't walk on her two back legs. It's just so weird...
Her legs arn't broken, she can move them...she just can't walk on them...
She isn't in any pain at all, if you move her legs she doesn't flinch...she's perfectly fine, she doesn't look or is acting sick,she is still even eating, shes still our beautiful cat...
I just don't understand. What could be wrong with her? I don't think her legs are hurt, because shes a indoor cat, and no one could have stepped on her because we never see her and shes usally hiding in the basement, theres something really wrong with her and I hope you can help me find out what....
Please PLEASE help. We'd go to a vet, but its just osmetihng that we can't do right now. What's wrong with Princess...

lakeriedog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You really need to take Princess to the vet. If you can't afford it, maybe your vet will be willing to set up a payment plan.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Only a VET will know what is wrong with Princess... PLEASE find a way to get her to one

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have no idea what could be wrong with her but there is deffinatly something going on. You really do need to find a way to get her to a vet. Do what ever you have to. Someone will come along soon and may be able to give you a bit more insite. But please get her help. now.

Sending you vibes and thoughts that something will work out.

carisue1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I did not have the $ to take my cat to the vet but, I did it anyway. I am unemployed, but I got Care Credit at the Vet and I have 90 days same as cash or I can make payments. Sounds pretty serious, although my Mom suggested that sometimes when a cat is real constipated they can do that. Only other thing I can think of is a stroke. I know it is horrible when you just have no money to spend on a Vet and you can assume the worst but, I got alot of treatment for $90. and the office visit was only $45. the rest was choice. I hope your baby is okay.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not to alarm you - because it could be any number of things ...BUT, losing the use of the hind legs can be associated with a blood clot - and that is painful, despite how it might look.

Princess really needs to see a vet to get some help.

furryferals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not psychic,I just see through people
I'm sorry to hear about your cat,I can only repeat what others have said.
She needs to see a vet ASAP,
Sudden paralysis is something that must be investigated now it could be a number
of things but it could also be toxic poisoning if she has had access to anything in
the basement.You need to go down the basement and check if there is anything she
could have swallowed or licked and TAKE IT TO THE VET WITH YOU,Just in case.
If she has swallowed anything then the vet will be able to give her an antidote...

Please take her to the vet,if it is poisoning every minute matters.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats really hide pain well, and act like everything is fine when it's not. She's obviously not O.K. and could be in a lot of pain. Her situation may go downhill quickly, too, if she doesn't get medical help. Maybe you can call the vet first and talk to them about her? Tell them your financial situation and can they give you an estimate for a office visit?

Sending good thoughts to your sweet kitty, and to you.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please take her to a vet asap. Even though she's not showing it she may be in a lot of pain. One of my cats had a thrombosis in his neck and his back legs were paralysed and his front one partially paralysed. He didnt' seem in pain when he was at home but when I got him to the vet she said he would have been in a lot of pain. So please don't assume that because she's eating normally etc that she's not in pain. Hopefully it won't be anything that serious but only a vet can tell you what's wrong and the sooner she's seen the sooner she will start to get better.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please take Princess to the vet, if you talk to him he might can help you out with a payment plan or something.

I am sending hugs and prayers from Mississippi for Princess.

Please keep us updated on how she is doing.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This would qualify as a serious emergency. If you had no money but your daughter or son fell down or seriously was injured, you would take him/her to the doctor to be treated whether you had money or not. This is a similar case. She needs a vet NOW. Act now worry about money later.

Also, from now on, try confining her to a bedroom with all her supplies in it. Then at least she will be around you and be able to get to like your company better over time. Don't just let her be and let her hide in the basement scared all the time, that is no way to live. Force her to be near you but don't bother her. So she gets used to your presence but you don't have to freak her out by forcing yourself on her if she wants to be left alone.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

supernatural

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for all your feedback, we have just found out that when we lift Princess's tail up, she can walk.
I've tried calling many vets for advice, but they all said the same thing: Bring her in so they can take a look at her. They don't give anything for free.
As much as I hate it, we have decided to wait a few days to see if she gets any better, if not we may have to leave her...theres nothing we can do. We can't afford a vet. Thanks for your help though, I am going to keep trying to figure out whats wrong with her. I really hope that she gets better, I love that cat to death!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very sorry your poor little kitty is having problems. Those are some pretty serious symptoms that really, only a vet could diagnose. I wouldn't even want to guess because it could be dangerous. Have you given her anything new lately? Food or medicine or treats? Is there anything that could have gotten left out that she could have gotten into? I went back and looked to see if I missed that you were going on vacation or something but I couldn't find anything. Where or why would you have to leave her? I'm confused about what that means.

lukin28

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If you mean leave her, like youre going to just leave her at your house in pain.. please do her a favor and find a no kill shelter that will take care of her! If you were sick, you wouldnt just stay at your house having a heart attack you would get help!
I dont mean to sound harsh, but this is a life youre talking about!

furryferals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not psychic,I just see through people
Supernatural.....you came here for advice and you have had a lot of excellent advice about what to do for the well-being of your cat. Yet, you still say you can't take your cat to a vet ... Your friend is relying on you to do the right thing here. You would want your best friend to do the right thing for you if you were in pain wouldn't you? You would not want them to leave you in pain and wait ....

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u
Where or why would you have to leave her? I'm confused about what that means.

Sharky he means if she doesn't improve on her own without a vet then he will just have to leave her be.....to suffer....Isn't that right? Supernatural????

Thank you for the confusion but I am Sharky not mzjazz2u

I am glad she is doing better but YOU DO need to SEE the VET still

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u
Where or why would you have to leave her? I'm confused about what that means.

Sharky he means if she doesn't improve on her own without a vet then he will just have to leave her be.....to suffer....Isn't that right? Supernatural????

Thank you for the confusion but I am Sharky not mzjazz2u

I am glad she is doing better but YOU DO need to SEE the VET still
No, thank YOU for the confusion but I am mzjazz2u, not Sharky. (even though we are almost neighbors!)

To all: Lets not pass judgement so quickly on this. I just didn't understand what the original poster meant by leaving her cat. I didn't want to start a big uproar. I think they should be given the benefit of the doubt until we know for sure, something different. She has come here reaching out for help and that's what TCS is all about! Helping each other and educating each other!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
//// I am hoping Princess is fine and am glad she is doing better....