shots

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
stoli has turned one year old and i'm wondering what shots/vaccinations he's going to need. is he going to need something each year? i don't want to over vaccinated as i feel his immune system is a little touchy.

any thoughts?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only shots our cats get are the normal 4 in 1 (distemper, rhino, calisivirus, and panalukipia) and rabies. (I know I didn't spell them right
)

They now recommend shots every 3 years instead of the yearly ones.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
3in one and rabies booster then if your area and vet will do it every three yrs

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
so how do i inform a vet that i don't want these shots until three years is up. how do i find the 'law' in maine or is it just for dogs? i have to go to the vet today at 9.30.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

so how do i inform a vet that i don't want these shots until three years is up. how do i find the 'law' in maine or is it just for dogs? i have to go to the vet today at 9.30.
I'm not sure...but - personally, if I was boarding my cats I would want the combo/'distemper' shot up to date. The illnesses it vaccinates against are easily caught, even without close contact. I wouldn't want to over vaccinate either, but for boarding I make exceptions

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ask the vet if they follow the three yr protocol...

I agree also ask if u need to give any other shots cause of the bourding

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
so i didn't get the message in time to find out if he needs any thing else because of the boarding. . . .but

they said i 'have to' vaccinate rabies every year - it's just in dogs that they can do every three. . . . they also said the distemper can be every three after this round