Newbie signatures...

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does everyone who joins here have the ''User CP'' feature or do you have to have been a member for a while? I thought that the same day I joined I was able to make my own signature...but I'm old and forget things easily...

Thanks y'all!
Hilda >^..^<

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
As far as i remember at any number of posts you can have a siggy. it's just the custome titles and avatars you have to wait for.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hilda>^..^<

Does everyone who joins here have the ''User CP'' feature or do you have to have been a member for a while? I thought that the same day I joined I was able to make my own signature...but I'm old and forget things easily...

Thanks y'all!
Hilda >^..^<
Yes, I made a siggy very soon after joining, you certainly have plenty of posts to do your own siggy and avatar. After User CP you should be able to click on Edit signature and then be presented with a box containing a tool bar for designing and editing your siggy. Also, since you have more than 700 posts, you can design your own avatar. Is the avatar you are using one that you designed? (Edit avatar.) The siggy design should have been available to you from way back.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I remeber correctly (I will check) I was not able to have a siggy first day. I think I had to be here a certain number of days or have have so many posts before I had that option.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi

Yes, I had a siggy day one and you should be able to. After User CP you should be able to click on Edit signature and then be presented with a box containing a tool bar for designing and editing your siggy. Also, since you have more than 700 posts, you can design your own avatar. But the siggy design should have been available to you from way back.
Thanks for the info Persi! It was not for me that I was asking...since I do have a siggy...not with kitty pics or anything but it is a siggy. A new member asked me about it and so I decided to ask y'all since I couldn't remember if I was able to set up a siggy right away or not!

However...about having more than 700 posts & being able to design my own avatar...that's something I will have to look in to because I didn't know I could do that...I thought I had to choose from whatever TCS makes available to us. Thanks for letting me know!

Thanks everyone...
Hilda >^..^<

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just looked at an old post from when I first started here and it says 24 hrs roughly and then you have the option for a siggy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ping

I just looked at an old post from when I first started here and it says 24 hrs roughly and then you have the option for a siggy.
A-ha! Thanks so much!

Ok, Arie...are you reading this? You definitely should be able to have a personalized siggy by now. Hope this has helped!

Hilda >^..^<

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just joined a week or two ago. I think I was able to put a signature in after 5 posts. I sure wish I could do an avatar before 700 posts! Good Heavens, I only have 845 posts on a small forum that I started in July. At this rate, I'll be 200 years old before I can have a custom avatar!!!

Pookie & the girls

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

I just joined a week or two ago. I think I was able to put a signature in after 5 posts. I sure wish I could do an avatar before 700 posts! Good Heavens, I only have 845 posts on a small forum that I started in July. At this rate, I'll be 200 years old before I can have a custom avatar!!!

Pookie & the girls
Not necessarily! I know of at least one person here who has over 2 thousand posts in two months! My next milestone is 1200 posts, I think I will be able to add the name of my other cat Alley under my username of Persi at that time. Meanwhile, Alley is upset that her name is not part of the username and she keeps telling me to start posting massive amounts of posts. In fact, she is sitting here on my lap right now coaxing me to do just that. However; if you are still on this site when you are 200, I would hope to be around to see what your post total is!