In heat. Most likely to get pregnant when?

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have been searching online and see such a huge opinion on this but if a cat is in full heat and outside when is it most likely to be bred? I know I read years ago they usually reject the male the first day or something like that. She is getting fixed either way on monday but she went into heat tuesday and is being real hard to trap(i was trying to get her to vet today but that didnt work
vet spays up the time they have milk so have time. Off work for few days so going to set trap and stay up all night i think there is to much noise right now and shes is to stressed to eat I am going to leave it outside and not set up that way she can see/smell it and the male pee(he is my next project lol) thanks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She is part of the "cat house"(lol and its NOT!!! me
They had one who had a litter and then that litter grew and reproduced..Its a mess but so far I have taken in 2 of them to get s/n ed...last count i could figure is there is 3 breeding age females 5 males and 4 kittens(used to be more adult females so not sure if they were taken in the house and had litters or what. I took a pregnant cat in last year it was one of the origanals cats' first litter...this cat I am trying to trap is the neice to the one I took last year(she was to far along to get spayed and had litter of 5 kits and I kept them) So she was a inside cat for about 8 weeks-not sure of conditions in the house or how they are treated but she has been out in thier yard on/off since she was about 8 weeks.I am tired so hope that makes sense.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ryanjay

I have been searching online and see such a huge opinion on this but if a cat is in full heat and outside when is it most likely to be bred? I know I read years ago they usually reject the male the first day or something like that. She is getting fixed either way on monday but she went into heat tuesday and is being real hard to trap(i was trying to get her to vet today but that didnt work
vet spays up the time they have milk so have time. Off work for few days so going to set trap and stay up all night i think there is to much noise right now and shes is to stressed to eat I am going to leave it outside and not set up that way she can see/smell it and the male pee(he is my next project lol) thanks
Anytime! A cat does not need to be in heat to become pregnant...that is the mistake that lots of people make. As long as she is intact and there is an intact male around, she can become pregnant at anytime. I'm glad you are getting her fixed.

Katie

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any new on getting the cat. More then likely she found a male. I hope you get her. What did you call her the neice or your niece

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am going to get some sleep in a bit and try in about 5 hours(it will be very queit then) thanks for the answer Katie
she is most likely the niece to the mom cat I took in last year(when I was upstairs cleaning out my mom, mistys cage I heard another cat being mated, and the one i am trying to trap(mandy) is about same size as mistys litter..also her coloring is the same patern as mom misty and brandy(mistys kitten) I need to have her by sunday at 6 or she has to wait till thurs am...thing is cause shes in heat appetite is just not there. did wake in the night to see her sleeping near trap
!! There is so much wild life I cant set it and go to sleep she would eb fine from dogs/ppl but not raccoons and possums. I will be so glad once shes at vets lol
!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ryanjay

I am going to get some sleep in a bit and try in about 5 hours(it will be very queit then) thanks for the answer Katie
she is most likely the niece to the mom cat I took in last year(when I was upstairs cleaning out my mom, mistys cage I heard another cat being mated, and the one i am trying to trap(mandy) is about same size as mistys litter..also her coloring is the same patern as mom misty and brandy(mistys kitten) I need to have her by sunday at 6 or she has to wait till thurs am...thing is cause shes in heat appetite is just not there. did wake in the night to see her sleeping near trap
!! There is so much wild life I cant set it and go to sleep she would eb fine from dogs/ppl but not raccoons and possums. I will be so glad once shes at vets lol
!
Well...good luck with trapping her...and don't forget to trap the cassanova's as well. They may not get pregnant..but they are the ones sowing their seeds and they deserve a nice neuter.

Katie

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ended up trapping a skunk...ugh man heard cats figthing last night but she never came. i did see her around 1030 am...she was hunting in the bushes ion side of house then ran across street...no heat in the five minutes i saw her...shes refusing to eat last few days. the boys will go to..lol @ "they deserve a nice neuter." good thing with them is I don't have to hold them in house

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
well sadly I have yet to see her since monday night... I know someone else feeds and sometime before october 05 someone did neuter a few cats(I never saw shaved butts
so it was a whiile ago. I have some time to get her but not sure if they are keeping her inside on purpose or if she is just not coming around...have seen the boys out but not the one who was following her around(he has one ear so very identifiable) boys I will try and get done in a month-I REALLY want to spay abort her so would rather even take her to a "reg" vet which would be a bit more then the 100 and something. with all my cats I do have to keep some money for a "just in case" so I think you all understand my holding off on the boys. one of the outside cats(neutered) is SO nasty he sits and growls I feel so bad that he has this view on life but sort of wish hed just eat and leave as I don't want him scaring mandy off.

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
and going in for spay tom am...very nasty cat i know shes was owned at one tiem and is scarred but she is very outwardly agressive-in a cage and shes just sleeping in box. i think she is a weekish along but spayable
!!!!!!! thanks for all your support...and will let you know what vet says about it all. WOOHOO!@