The Secret

kiki_585

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello,

So I recently watched this movie called "The Secret" and it changed my whole outlook on life. It's not a typical movie, it's more of a self-help kind of movie.

If you are struggling with your life and you feel like there is nothing to look forward to (I was there just a few short days ago) then I highly suggest watching this video. It just made so much sense.

Basically it was about the universe and laws of attraction. And how if you are always looking at the negative, that's what you are going to attract. They said if you really want something (a bran new car for instance) act like you already have it, and take a few moments a day to imagine what it would be like to have it... get a sense of the feeling, and to really believe that you will have that new car. And by thinking this way you will get it.

It's all about looking to the positive instead of the negative. My mom saw it on Oprah and so she told me to watch it... I am glad I did.

I can't remember who it's by... but it's called The Secret. If you are looking for ways to improve your life (not saying anyone here has to!) I suggest watching this video.

rosyc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yessss! I posted yesterday on finally being thankful for finding out some horribly surprising (to say the least) information about my ex boyfriend, and I never thought I would say it but attribute my attitude largely toward watching the Oprah show on The Secret. I haven't yet watched the actual DVD, but after a few nights of bad sleep, I decided to watch the show again (on DVR) right before bed, and it really put me in the right place of mind. Before this, I would have NEVER thought I'd actually find something good in something so crappy.

I'm a person of logical mind, and though it seems to have garnered some "hokey business" reaction from some people, it truly makes sense, even from the most basic elements of emotions and feelings. What occurred to me when I was feeling at my lowest was, 'If I continue to feel sorry for myself, all I'm going to receive in return is pity and sorrow." And I don't want pity, I want to move on! I pictured my ex in my mind, and I told him, "Thank you for giving me this experience, and I forgive you. I'm moving on." I felt brand new.

p.s. Info for people interested in the DVD: http://www.thesecret.tv

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kiki_585

They said if you really want something (a bran new car for instance) act like you already have it,
Yeah it was acting as if I already had the bigger salary that I wanted that got me into debt

I've not seen the film and it doesn't sound like something I'd watch tbh, but I do believe that negativity can become a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy.