Origami

arie85

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Has anyone of you heard on Origami? (=The art of paper)

I just wonder what you think on the ability to take a paper and create a nice cat with it

Anyone's interested in this subject?

Arie

kiki_585

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello,

I have always been interested in this. When I was younger I had an origami book and special paper. I love being able to take a piece of paper and make something pretty/cool out of it. I am sure if you search on the internet you should be able to find a site that has instructions on how to make a cat. I can't remember.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can make the basic crane and frogs, I have never seen a cat. It would be fun to make cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

arie85

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Anakat

I can make the basic crane and frogs, I have never seen a cat. It would be fun to make cats.
Lol, I think likewise, wonder where can I find a diagram of it. let's try google, it's the best website nowadays to find such things (i'll try to google "origami cat")

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've heard of origami. In fact, I have a book at my desk on "Sticky Note Origami", which shows you how to make shapes out of post-it notes. It's kinda goofy, but good stress relief when you need it. (So far, we've mastered making flowers, cranes, aliens, planes, and hearts out of sticky notes. I'm sure they wonder why the supply closet in our corner of the building is always running out of them.
)

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

I've heard of origami. In fact, I have a book at my desk on "Sticky Note Origami", which shows you how to make shapes out of post-it notes. It's kinda goofy, but good stress relief when you need it. (So far, we've mastered making flowers, cranes, aliens, planes, and hearts out of sticky notes. I'm sure they wonder why the supply closet in our corner of the building is always running out of them.
)
Hehehe! That is so funny!

I too have a book on oregami...got it at a yard sale a while ago...but I've never tried it. The only thing I can make out of paper is an airplane (been doing those since I was a kid) and one of those square-ish paper games you stick your fingers into (it was also an elementary school game)...but that's about it.

Good luck!
Hilda >^..^<

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

arie85

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hey I wanna make those, couldn't find anything so far, let's try to put some efforts and make a cute cat and upload its photo when finished lol

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's an interesting short video on making a cat! I thought it looked more like a mouse but by the time it was done...that is definitely a kitty!

Hilda >^..^<