Target litter

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone use Target's brand of cat litter? I tried it recently and it's not bad!
I may continue using it since it's cheaper than what I usually go with (Tidy Cats most of the time).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

Is it clumping? What's it called?
Yes it's clumping. I think it's just called "cat litter".

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I may give it a try- with 4 cats, I love the Tidy Cats, but I could use something cheaper
. Right now I have some Special Kitty (Walmart) clumping with crystals for multiple cats to try. Someone here said they liked it, so we'll see...

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the guys like the wal-mart clumping with crystals better than the target litter. i think the target litter has too much of a scent to it. i know it makes me sneeze.
both are about the same price though.
i liked the "boots n barkley" litter they used to sell at target--the litter smelled like cloves. when they changed the label, the scent changed.
now it's a floral scent again.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't usually go to Walmart but maybe if I do I'll try their litter too and see which one I like more.

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I dont mind the Target clumping litter but they are always out!
I'm not crazy about the scent either.
Lately I've been hitting great Tidy Cat sales + having coupons so I havent had a need to hunt down some cheap(er) kitty litter.

jaycee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i used to use the walmart brand litter and it is fabulous, then i found out that target has the same quality only cheaper!! so ive switched to that. they are both almost exactly the same as fresh step.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How much is the Target stuff? I usually get 30lbs of Tidy Cats at WalMart for $5.95 or something like that.

jaycee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
30 pounds for $5.95?? wow, i havnt seen that!
i cant remember exactly how much targets is but i think its about 14 pounds for about $3

amitya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got a bag of the Walmart clumping litter with crystals for the boys this month 20 pounds for around 4 bucks! they love it and I love it even better than tidy cats!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Target litter I bought was $7.89 but I can't remember the size. It was pretty large because it filled all 3 of my litter boxes. I want to guess 35 lbs but I'm not sure.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmm, I may give it a try too, with 12 cats, litter is easily my biggest expense
I've been experimenting and really can't find the perfect litter, it either is too dusty, doesn't clump well enough, doesn't control odor as good, you get the idea

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jaycee

i cant remember exactly how much targets is but i think its about 14 pounds for about $3
Yeah, its cheap and works great, I love it!

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, I guess I'm going to Target to check it out next time I'm out that way. The WM brand here is @27-28 lbs for $6 something, and the Tidy cat is $11-$12 for same size.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

How much is the Target stuff? I usually get 30lbs of Tidy Cats at WalMart for $5.95 or something like that.
Your Tidy Cat must be non clumping, is it?

Originally Posted by jaycee

That sounds like a deal!

Originally Posted by catsallover

Okay, I guess I'm going to Target to check it out next time I'm out that way. The WM brand here is @27-28 lbs for $6 something, and the Tidy cat is $11-$12 for same size.
I was using the WM litter (same price) until I came across the Tidy Cat at Sam's. They have bigger than usual bucket (38 lbs instead of 28)for $11 something. Seemed like a decent compromise. I might check out the Target stuff, though.

mamakitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

30lbs for 6 bucks? That is a real steal!! I remember the cheapest here was for 10 bucks for 38lbs at Target 2 weeks ago, which is extremely rare. Their normal sale price is always around $14-$15.

Is the Target stuff dusty at all? I'm still trying different litters out.

They have had:
Arm and Hammer
Feline Pine
Yesterday's News
Scoopaway with crystals
Fresh Step
Tidy Cats <-- currently using
Miracle Litter <-- currently using