What colors are the rooms in your house?

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love colors and I love painting our house (even though my husband likes white or beige walls for some reason). What colors are on your walls? Here's mine:

Bedroom- half is brown paneling and half is beige...going to keep it for awhile because my husband likes it

Bathroom- currently beige but will be pale blue

Guest room (a.k.a. cat room
)- country blue

Office- currently beige but may become peach

Kitchen- apple green

Living room- golden yellow

Dining room- white

Basement- brown paneling

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I have no idea. I don't pay attention to these things.
Haha. I like decorating.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
utility room is yellow. it was yellow when i moved in. all i do in there is laundry, so i don't care.
living room, kitchen, dining room, hall & bathroom are all light blue with lighter blue & white mottled on top [faux finish] it's bluer than this pic looks, tho. kitchen/dining room has this border: kitchen border
bath has a border that's a street scene - looks like a small village, maybe in france? with a white cat in a window, & a gray cat walking on the sidewalk. i don't have a pic of it.
den [master bedroom, really] & bedroom are dark blue with darker blue mottled on top [faux finish again]. both rooms have this border: bedroom/den border
all rooms except my bedroom have white trim. in the bedroom, the trim matches the walls.
i really like the color blue...

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

utility room is yellow. it was yellow when i moved in. all i do in there is laundry, so i don't care.
living room, kitchen, dining room, hall & bathroom are all light blue with lighter blue & white mottled on top [faux finish] it's bluer than this pic looks, tho. kitchen/dining room has this border: kitchen border
bath has a border that's a street scene - looks like a small village, maybe in france? with a white cat in a window, & a gray cat walking on the sidewalk. i don't have a pic of it.
den [master bedroom, really] & bedroom are dark blue with darker blue mottled on top [faux finish again]. both rooms have this border: bedroom/den border
all rooms except my bedroom have white trim. in the bedroom, the trim matches the walls.
i really like the color blue...
I love your faux finishes and borders! I don't know if I have the talent or patience to try a faux finish, but I should definitely look into borders. Now I have a new project.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite is the master bedroom, which has American South West colors: terracotta, sage green, and dark green.

Daughter's bedroom is pretty, with medium blue-green walls, cream trim, and ruby red bedspread and accents. She has natural wood furniture and bookshelves, which lightens it up.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
master bedroom - coffees & creams
guest bed 1 - ice blue & bluebell
guest bed 2 - hint of apple
lounge - biscuit with a coffee chimney breast
dining room - lilac / pink -
kitchen - all tiled - white - cant see much of it of cupboards & applicances
study - sea blue
day room - mushroom

I absolutely adore home design & decorating - its such fun and so expressive !

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ohh Laureen, I love that first faux finish with the lighter blue! I wish I could be bothered to do something like that.

We rent, but I do care what colour my walls are. I figure we'll be here a while, so why not have some fun and decorate?
kitchen - dark sage green
dining room - bold orangey red
hall - yellow based light green that magically turns bright green at night
bedroom - greys and brown
bathroom - dark grey based blue
living room - will be tan
spare room - will be light beige

Originally Posted by mooficat

lounge - biscuit with a coffee chimney breast
what's a chimney breast?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine are all boring beige - but that sets off my leopard print rugs and curtains and bedspreads and throw pillows nicely, LOL!

My apartment is decorated in "modern jungle."
Lots of green plants everywhere, and lots of earth tones, and shades of green and blue.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny82

I love your faux finishes and borders! I don't know if I have the talent or patience to try a faux finish, but I should definitely look into borders. Now I have a new project.
Originally Posted by pushylady

Ohh Laureen, I love that first faux finish with the lighter blue! I wish I could be bothered to do something like that.
thanks - but i should tell you that my sister did the finishing for me - i can't do it. she let me try one small area, & she ended up redoing it because i was 'doing it wrong'
my mom helped with the wallpaper borders. she's done lots of wallpapering. this is my first non-rental, so i had never done any of this kind of stuff before.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
-living room blue wallpaper with a patteren of a darker blue , with white borders
-kitchen yellow with white borders
-bathroom dolphin blue wallpaper with white borders
-toilet soft pink with white borders
-hallway lilic walls with white skirtens
-main bedroom ( my room ) pink lol i have just changed rooms with the kids but it will be redone soon.
-kids bedroom half walls blue half yellow with a blue and yellow border ( was my room) but the kids like it like that so i will not have to redo.
but i will say the hole house is in need of redecrating so the colours will all change soon

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband has forbidden all pinks and purples unless we have a daughter and it's for her room.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I LOVE color and have a different color in every room ......... my colors are mustards, taupes, greens, browns and tans ........ some variation of those colors .......

abigail

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Latitude: 45° 31' North Longitude: 122° 39' We
foyer and kitchen: off white with alot of color on the walls ...wedgewood blue cabinets and black and grey counters

dining room: cranberry
living room & library: pale pinkish beige
powder room: grey and maroon
studio: pale pink and sage floor
guest room : deep pink
guest bath: wisteria blue
master bedroom: greenish beige will be forest green soon
master bath: greenish beige
my dressing room: sky blue
his dressing room: beige
gym: beige walls
den: taupe
loft and halls : taupe

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Living room/kitchen: white with one large dark red wall
Master bedroom: soft gold
Office: light gray
Guest room: white
Bathroom 1: light green tiles on bottom and white wall on top
Bathroom 2: cream
Family room: wood paneling

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im going to suffer when i move out and have to paint all the walls white again!!
My bathroom is like PINK i painted the walls and ceiling!
My kitchen is apricot, so is my hallway, my loungeroom is called Coral, but its pink mixed with apricot! and my bedroom is like a dull pinkish purple!