What color do you paint you fingernails??

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While watching American Idol last night I noticed that many of the female performers (and Paula) had there fingernails painted a real dark color. It also seemed like the nails weren't very long either.
Mine are in pretty good shape this time of year but I usually only wear clear or a real pale color.
What colors does everyone use (and brand too!)

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't paint my finger nails or toe nails, I can't stand nail polish.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Clear for fingers and bright cheery colors (think hot pink) for toes. and I use the Orly professional stuff.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love painting my nails. I usually go with pinks, peaches, or light purple colors. Nothing dark.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't paint my fingernails..they are too hideous
I paint my toenails only in sandal months..I'll paint them any colour I feel like

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
black and almost black are really in style now....remember the color "vamp"? It's big all over again.... I go with different colors, and alot of times, just clear. One of my favorite colors ever is OPI's "root beer float"....it's the perfect color.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I usually go with a "natural pink" that can hardly be seen. Otherwise I stick to pastels. Whatever polish I use, it must be the quick dry type! I am incapable of sitting still long enough for the normal polish to dry!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
usually mine our the clear color, and well when I do actually paint them other than clear they are usually a dark red of some sort or just a red
sometimes even black, I used to have my nails painted balck all the time but now its usually clear !!

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I rarely paint my fingernails. If I do, it would be red sparkles which is hard to see, just adds a little something or if I'm going out at night, I'll paint my nails a metallic greenish-blue colour that matches my purse and pretty much all my night clothes (hehe I normally wear black). I always go with black and that greenish-blue accessories.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually on my toes I do either green or blue
. For fingersnails, usually black because everything else looks weird to me.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use dark maroons or browns. It's been a difficult year to find nice browns so I have been using pinks too. I usually get revlon or avon (sales).

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now they're not painted, which is rare for me. I like to keep them painted (with some breathing time in between) otherwise I bite them.

Anyways, I have mostly mute colors at home. Some are the Iridescent colors (mauve at one angle, gold from another) and mostly reds, purples, and dark pinks.

I'm trying out the new Sally Hansen "hard as nails", but my nailpolish chips after 1 day. Mainly because I'm constantly using my hands at work, i.e. reaching inside the computer and such.

Oooo LuckyGirl - check out L'Oreal's Bijou - they have a black sparkle nailpolish. Very cool when its on.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i use a clear, nail strengthening formula, Nail Life, on my fingernails. i have really rotten fingernails - they flake off into layers & then they break - so i keep them cut quite short. my hands are pretty large, & my fingers are kind of wedge shaped, so i don't really want to draw attention to them with bright/dark polish, either.
my feet, on the other hand - i like them! currently i have dark purple metallic polish on my toes. i use all kinds of bright, fun colors on them - greens, blues, purples, pinks, reds, oranges - anything goes for the toes!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I'm all about health now, so no more toxic nail polish for me.
Same here for my hands, I just polish them up and they are all shiny - but I do paint my toenails - I just hate to see bare toenails
I do let them get some air every so often - they are a copper/goldy colour at the moment, which is a lovely colour for tanned feet.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't (can't) paint my nails due to work laws. Flecking nailpolish in peoples food is downright gross.
So I stick to painting my toes but only in the summer when I wear sandals or go barefoot. Otherwise in the winter I don't paint them at all.

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep them just a bit past the end of my finger, and I do a french manicure on myself.. and on my toes in the summer when I only wear flip flops

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't paint my nails very often. I wear the nailpolish off to fast. But I've painted them all colors.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like the fun glittery girly colours and the metalic hues too. I go in stages of wearing it lots, then not bothering. Besides, it wears off pretty quick on me. I usually just buy the cheap and cheerful stuff at the supermarket.