What to do with old knives??

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In my effort to declutter I emptied out my knife drawer and have 2 knives and a cleaver that haven't been used in a long time. I could put them on freecyle but its kindof creeps me out to have someone get them. I don't think goodwill or other such places takes them either. I don't have any other uses (already plenty of gardening stuff!!) What would you do with them???

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

In my effort to declutter I emptied out my knife drawer and have 2 knives and a cleaver that haven't been used in a long time. I could put them on freecyle but its kindof creeps me out to have someone get them. I don't think goodwill or other such places takes them either. I don't have any other uses (already plenty of gardening stuff!!) What would you do with them???
Depending on the metal, can you recycle them? I'd call around and see if anyone will take them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are Chicago Cutlery-I have upgraded to a much better brand. I might check with some of the relatives too (let them clutter their knive drawer!!)

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have seen some neat windchimes made of knives. Dulling the edges, drilling holes in the handles and hanging them from something maybe????

Maybe that's just a redneck thing here in the South, too...