Animal Precinct on Animal Planet.

bemyonlyone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does anyone else watch this? I find it hard to watch much of the time. Today, there was a sweet kitty who had been abandoned in an apartment with a dog. The dog had died some time ago, they were unable to save it. But they did save the cat, who they theorized had jumped up and had access to rainwater on the windowsill and thus survived. It was a horrible tragedy. That dog was probably her friend, and to be abandoned in such a manner is unspeakable. The worst part is, they were unable to track down the person who had left these animals to die in the apartment. The cat was extremely thin and probably wouldn't have made it much longer. She was lovely, white and black with pretty green eyes. She was frightened and alone. I guess my heart hasn't been hardened enough to these things, because I nearly wept. I don't think I could work at the ASPCA.

I really hate the world sometimes. I watch this show because it makes me happy to see the animals rescued, rehabilitated, and adopted by loving families, but not every story ends happily, and it's heartbreaking to see the animals that don't make it. But this cat survived and hopefully, found a home.

I just don't understand how someone could do something so horrible.

nellers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can only watch this show in small doses and I know how you feel!!
It can be depressing at times to think how cruel the world is. You are not alone!

when I need an animal laugh boost - I try to catch Planet's Funniest Animals - always a good time to see those well-loved pets being silly!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bemyonlyone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Also, am I evil for thinking that the 82-year-old man with 16 cats should have just had them taken away? I know it sounds mean, but honestly, there was cat feces all over the cluttered apartment, the cats were breeding like crazy since he didn't spay or neuter them, and it just seemed like he didn't know what the heck he was doing. Cats need LITTER BOXES when they're inside, or they will poop in your bed, on the floor. The most disgusting thing I saw was that the bathroom floor was covered in newspaper. What the heck! It seemed like he had no idea how to take care of his cats. He said he had 9 and had 16--that says a lot. Plus a kitten with a respiratory and eye infection who could have died. Poor baby! I really think those cats should have been adopted to new homes, because even though they cleaned the apartment and had the cats fixed, did they also explain to him that cats cannot be permitted to defecate on the floor? I bet in 6 months that apartment is going to look just like it did before they cleaned it.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nellers

I can only watch this show in small doses and I know how you feel!!
It can be depressing at times to think how cruel the world is. You are not alone!

when I need an animal laugh boost -
I try to catch Planet's Funniest Animals
- always a good time to see those well-loved pets being silly!
I watched one the other night that was 100% CATS! If only I had known, I would have recorded it. But it was one hour of just cats. It was wonderful.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I watch Animal Precint all the time, if I know it is gonna get sad though, I switch the chanell. A lot of times I will hit the information button on the remote, and it usually tells you what is happening.

But I do love to watch it, and the officers there are really good, and they are good at what they do.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watch the show sometimes, but like you said, not for real long as it's so sad. I can't believe people some times.. It's just crazy, how they can even do things like that!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do not watch it, I can't stand to see some of the things they have on there.
It brakes my Heart more then making me angry at people, although some of them need to be shot

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watch that show all the time. It never ceases to amaze me how people treat thier animals. It's a great show though. I think it brings awareness that you can get punished for your actions, as well as shows what happens to the poor animals.

catlady810

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I watch it whenever its on. It makes me wanna cry and sometimes ring those people necks that treat their animals that way. But it makes me so happy when those poor animals find new homes with people that love them. Thats the only thing that allows me to watch it all the way through.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watch all those Animal Cops shows... I prefer Animal Precinct because it seems like they try a lot harder to work with the dogs with behavior problems. On Animal Cops Detroit, if a dog shows food aggression in their temperament test they immediately euthanize them, but on Animal Precinct they work on training the dog...
I also hate to watch Animal Cops Detroit sometimes because in Detroit it's illegal to adopt out pit bulls so all the poor pitties get euthanized no matter what. I've noticed lately it seems like they try to make other excuses when they say a pit bull is going to be put to sleep, which is odd because they used to just mention that they were not allowed to adopt them out but now they try to give other reasons.

I was SO happy when I saw the Animal Precinct yesterday with the Cane Corso. I was so sure they were going to end up putting him to sleep when they kept talking about how he was acting around people, and then when he passed his temperament test with flying colors, that was awesome!!

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't watch that show. It breaks my heart to see animals mistreated and sick or in pain. It depresses me.
My mom likes to watch it...I like to see the end where they get a new home though.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't been watching the channel much lately since it's all reruns. Episodes are a little less entertaining the 3rd or 4th time around.

Originally Posted by Nekochan

I watch all those Animal Cops shows... I prefer Animal Precinct because it seems like they try a lot harder to work with the dogs with behavior problems. On Animal Cops Detroit, if a dog shows food aggression in their temperament test they immediately euthanize them, but on Animal Precinct they work on training the dog...
I also hate to watch Animal Cops Detroit sometimes because in Detroit it's illegal to adopt out pit bulls so all the poor pitties get euthanized no matter what. I've noticed lately it seems like they try to make other excuses when they say a pit bull is going to be put to sleep, which is odd because they used to just mention that they were not allowed to adopt them out but now they try to give other reasons.
I've noticed this too, even pitbull puppies or mix pit puppies are considered too aggressive.

On the Miami shows they at least do some work with rescue groups outside of the county that the breed is banned in. The people on Detroit show seem a little less cat friendly too, feral or semi ferals aren't given much of a chance. I sort of get the feeling when they have to collect a bunch that they're just viewing them as excess trash they have to take out.

Planet's Funniest Animals really annoys me for some reason, I'm not sure if it's the poorly written jokes or the fact that some of the videos are not even remotely funny. In one a siamese cat had something wrong with it that caused it to take a few steps then start doing wobbly circles, that IS NOT a funny behavior at all. The person should have picked up a phone and called their vet, not video taped the poor thing.
There's also a lot of vids that the people are being irresponsible or almost cruel. Amazing Animal Videos or the animal miracle shows are somewhat entertaining.

Has anyone seen the one pedigree commercial for the shelter animals? That made me sad, the bit where the person says " I don't know why I'm here" and it shows all the sad dog faces.

bemyonlyone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nekochan

I was SO happy when I saw the Animal Precinct yesterday with the Cane Corso. I was so sure they were going to end up putting him to sleep when they kept talking about how he was acting around people, and then when he passed his temperament test with flying colors, that was awesome!!
Oh yeah. That dog was so sweet. I can't believe how they found him, nearly starved to death.

bemyonlyone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That makes me mad. People can be so stupid sometimes. If a cat is not acting normally, take the cat to the vet, don't film it.