cheap toys are the best!!!!

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why is it the Marcie will only play with the cheapest cat toys or things that weren't even meant to be toys (like my backpack or gracery bags)? Anyways, I was at Meijer yesterday and I saw these cheapo nylon cubes in the pet section. I figured that they would be cheap enough that if she hated them, then we wouldn't be out much $$$. They are 15"x15"x15" and they are nylon streched over wire so they collapse into a small round disc when you want to store them. Anyway, for $4.99 each, I bought two since they can be hooked together with velcro to make kind of a network of cubes. I couldn't hardly get Marcie out of her cubes last night. Yay!!! score one for me

meanwhile the cheapo laser that I also bought is going to be returned because it is absolutely worthless

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww its such an feeling of achievement when they actually play with something you get them....no matter how cheap it is, if they love it its a winner

You´re just gonna have to get some photos of Marcie in her new cubes

cairo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I want those cubes! Is there a place I can order them online? I bought the $50 tunnel for them, and they hated it, but they love boxes.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've seen those cubes all over...Kmart, Target, maybe Wal Mart? There is also one for $10 that I saw in Target...it's a crinkly one...bigger. My kits all love those cubes!!!

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it figures my cats are more entertained by milk rings, small pieces of paper and q tips than the expensive toys

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

Why is it the Marcie will only play with the cheapest cat toys or things that weren't even meant to be toys (like my backpack or gracery bags)? Anyways, I was at Meijer yesterday and I saw these cheapo nylon cubes in the pet section. I figured that they would be cheap enough that if she hated them, then we wouldn't be out much $$$. They are 15"x15"x15" and they are nylon streched over wire so they collapse into a small round disc when you want to store them. Anyway, for $4.99 each, I bought two since they can be hooked together with velcro to make kind of a network of cubes. I couldn't hardly get Marcie out of her cubes last night. Yay!!! score one for me

meanwhile the cheapo laser that I also bought is going to be returned because it is absolutely worthless
I just received a box through UPS with an item I had bought. It was full of that white pasta looking foam stuff. I took the item out and ran back here into the office to try it out and when I went back in to where I had opened the box, Persi had emptied the box and was busy batting each and every piece under everything. He was having the time of his life. Alley was just sitting there watching him. Well, Persi is still a kitten and will make a toy out of anything. I was only slightly mad over having to clean up all these pieces and decided just to leave them on the floor for him to play with for a while. Maybe Alley will see how much fun it is and join in!

nellers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes! Get a picture of Marcie in those cubes!

LOL at Perci in the packing box fun! I bet he is having a great time!

Penelope loves plastic grocery bags. She gets in them and just goes crazy. She also likes any box, regardless of size. Last week she attempted to jump in a box that was not quite secure on the kitchen table and we were frozen in time as we witnessed her jump inside it, then topple to the floor, box landing on top of her. She wasn't hurt, and it was priceless!!

kitte

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yeah it's great when they play with the cheapo purchased ones!!

Spaz just loves playing with discarded toilet rolls lol (without the toilet paper on them) hehe

and the small fake fur mousies... carts them around in his mouth before "killing" then in spectacular fashion hehehe (cartwheeling and doing flips and etc) hehe

mamakitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My two kitties loves grocery paper bag. One will go in there to hide and will have one paw out while the other ones tries to jump on the bag. They do that to any boxes as well as their blanket. I guess they like to play hide and seek. It's just funny to see how one cat in hiding can scare the other one and see how high they jump.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a set of those "kitty cubes" at Target for $9.99, actually I went in yesterday and they were on sale, so I bought another set

They're popular, but not as popular as the bottle cap that was just knocked off the kitchen table

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi

Persi had emptied the box and was busy batting each and every piece under everything. He was having the time of his life.
I'm picturing fluffy kitty + static + packing peanuts

Sho hates those things, they static cling to his paws and when he tries to get them off they stick to his face.

Mine love their cube too. Tomas somehow manages to roll it across the floor while he's inside it and Sho has bent the thing out of shape with his fat butt.

Suggestion.... DO NOT give into curiousity and open one of those cubes in the car.

kittydad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I get all my toys for the cats from the dollar stores. The cats love them, and will fight over the same toys all the time. So no worries, they have loved everything I got them so far

raleigh'sparent

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Any of you guys have cats that will fetch?

Raleigh loves to fetch.. We throw my wife's elastic pony tail holders for her and she will go get them and bring them back..

She wakes me up all the time jumping up in the bed, putting her cold nose on mine and laying the pony tail holder next to me..

cairo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

I'm picturing fluffy kitty + static + packing peanuts

Sho hates those things, they static cling to his paws and when he tries to get them off they stick to his face.
I laughed so hard at that. Cairo is real static this winter, and any piece of plastic she comes across becomes clothing on her. I can just picture what you described.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Raleigh'sParent

Raleigh loves to fetch.. We throw my wife's elastic pony tail holders for her and she will go get them and bring them back..

She wakes me up all the time jumping up in the bed, putting her cold nose on mine and laying the pony tail holder next to me..
Oh yeah! It's one of Bijou's favourite pasttimes. If you don't pay him attention, he'll bring the mouse and drop it on the top of your foot or stand up on your legs to get your attention. It seems a lot of Siamese like to play fetch.

Bijou brings his stuff up on the bed too so we'll throw it for him and he can go fetch it.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Raleigh'sParent

Tomas is in the fetch everything stage, it doesn't matter if I'm trying to sleep either.
I must have played fetch half a dozen times or more the other day. Three nights ago he somehow found one of my superworm beetles and brought it to me, no idea how that thing got out.

You might want to consider giving your kitty a thick scrunchy instead of the thin elastics. The thin ones worry cause they would be easy for a cat to swallow.