While we're on the subject of interviews and resumes...

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I had a second interview today.

It went really well...the only thing she seemed to have any misgivings about was the fact that I need to put in notice at my other jobs and can't start for a week or 2.

So she told me she had to "talk to some people" and that she'd "call me later today"

I shot a thank you email and once again touted my flexibility and availability after I give notice at my jobs and congratulated her and the group on a couple awards they just one (one was a Grammy).

First of all,

in Exec Director-speak, what does it mean that she has to talk to people and is going to call me later today?

and

Did I do the thank you thing right??

I'm so confused by this whole process!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have no idea! it's been 7 years since I went on an interview! but I just wanted to with you lots of luck!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's hard to say. "Talk to people" could mean other interviewers, your references, or it could be that someone said that they wanted input on who gets hired in for the position you're hiring for.

Is your collegue still working there? They may be without the position your after and are being stretched a little thin. She may just want to see if someone can handle the extra load for another 2 weeks before you come on board or if they can't handle the stress she may just need someone right now.

Yes, you did the right thing by emailing her and thanking her for the 2nd interview.

If she hasnt called by the time she said she would (later today) definitely call her in the morning as a follow up.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH I wanna wish you LUCK! Maybe someone else that was interviewed can start sooner?! I hope not.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

It's hard to say. "Talk to people" could mean other interviewers, your references, or it could be that someone said that they wanted input on who gets hired in for the position you're hiring for.

Is your collegue still working there? They may be without the position your after and are being stretched a little thin. She may just want to see if someone can handle the extra load for another 2 weeks before you come on board or if they can't handle the stress she may just need someone right now.

Yes, you did the right thing by emailing her and thanking her for the 2nd interview.

If she hasnt called by the time she said she would (later today) definitely call her in the morning as a follow up.
This is actually for a different job...maybe I didn't post about it here, but while I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off to get my materials ready for THAT interview (it must have gone well, I got asked back for that one, too, and the candidate pool is down to 3, which for music is SMALL), I got an email about an open position with a small no-pro chamber music outfit that I had interviewed with in the fall.

So, the second interview for the job with colleague for the teaching is on 2/28. The second interview for the Development job was today.

I need them both, since both are part timey jobs.

And thanks for the well-wishes, everyone!

kittydad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hopefully you are successful in both, but hopefully one for sure. Looking forward to hearing if you got the position or not. Fingers are crossed here, and job vibes going out.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

This is actually for a different job...maybe I didn't post about it here, but while I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off to get my materials ready for THAT interview (it must have gone well, I got asked back for that one, too, and the candidate pool is down to 3, which for music is SMALL), I got an email about an open position with a small no-pro chamber music outfit that I had interviewed with in the fall.

So, the second interview for the job with colleague for the teaching is on 2/28. The second interview for the Development job was today.

I need them both, since both are part timey jobs.

And thanks for the well-wishes, everyone!
OK thanks! I knew about the colleague one, but either I missed the post on this one or else it wasn't posted.

Either way GOOD LUCK!