We just can't seem to catch a BREAK!!!!

furry4fury

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We went from extremely freezing temps - now we are in a Blizzard warning!!!

Does it ever end

It's no wonder why I prefer summer to winter...

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am with you fellow Canadian. We have had wierd weather... of course not the same as manitoba. But we are not used to -45 tems with the wind chill. Or at least most people in Ontario arn't we are also expecting another 15 cm of snow tonight and tomorow. Oh well.... we are in Canada I guess we have to suck it up

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by furry4fury

We went from extremely freezing temps - now we are in a Blizzard warning!!!
Did you get much snow out where you are? In Winnipeg we only got a bit blowing around and nothing else too serious (or at least I think so... no window in the office so I could only guess by what my car looked like after work!)

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
I feel your pain. We just recently got over a long stretch of very cold weather and blizzards.

Hopefully your weather isn't gonna be heading our way... I like the warmer weather (I can actually walk all the way to the university and still feel my face when I get there!
)

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad I live in the South, ya'll are making me cold just talking about it. It has gotten down in the 20's here and I thought I was gonna freeze to death.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another Canadian here! They are predicting 3 snowstorms by next Tuesday for here! We just got out of the deep freeze too! Lord, I long for spring!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad I live in the South, ya'll are making me cold just talking about it. It has gotten down in the 20's here and I thought I was gonna freeze to death.
Come on up here for a bit, Belinda, and you'll thnk that is positively balmy!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

Come on up here for a bit, Belinda, and you'll thnk that is positively balmy!
I can't come up there for a couple of reasons, the first and most important one would be that I would never be able to find Canada. The second would be is that I really really really would freeze to death. I think I must not have good insulation in me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

furry4fury

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
this was copied from the Winnipeg Free Press this morning....if you go to www.winnipegfreepress.com the rest of the story is there if your interested.

Some kind of cruel joke....these people are waiting for a bus!!!!!

A snowstorm from Alberta sent motorists into ditches, sparked collisions, delayed ambulances and dumped plenty of white stuff on some southern Manitoba communities on Wednesday.
And while on Wednesday we can blame Alberta for sending us the storm, on Friday we'll be blaming Montana and Wyoming for another blizzard.
The weather was so bad on Wednesday morning that Environment Canada issued two weather warnings, one for snowfall and the other for a blizzard.

Winnipeg police said there were 25 motor vehicle collisions from 6:54 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.

Police said there were no major injuries, but people had been taken to hospital to treat minor injuries or to check them out.

Heaviest hit in the region by the dump of snow was the community of Elphinstone, located south of Riding Mountain National Park, which was hit by 30 centimetres.

"It's past our butts," quipped Maggie McSymach, co-owner of Hilltop Groceteria and Gas in Elphinstone.
"When I went to bed the radio said we would only get two centimetres. We certainly got a lot more than that."

McSymach said she and her husband had spent most of the day sharing shovelling duties at their business in between the fewer-than-normal customers that were able to venture out.

"I was pretty cold from shovelling, but at least the snow is light and fluffy and not heavy."

Environment Canada meteorologist Dale Marciski said Pinawa was the other community heavily hit by snow from an Alberta clipper, receiving 22 cm by mid-afternoon.

Marciski said the snowfall warning was issued early Wednesday for communities that were expected to receive at least 10 cm of snow. Those areas included along the Yellowhead Highway, the southern Interlake, the south part of Lake Manitoba, Selkirk, Beausejour and Pine Falls.

The weather service issued the blizzard warning early Wednesday for the area that includes Portage la Prairie, Carman, Morden, Winkler, Morris, Emerson and Steinbach.

Marciski said those areas were expected to get 2-5 cm of snow, but the high winds were going to keep visibility below one kilometre. The warning was expected to be called off Wednesday night as winds diminished.

Marciski said they are predicting it will be colder than normal today, with a high of only -12 C, with more snow expected on Friday because another blizzard was heading our way from Montana and Wyoming. He said Winnipeg really wasn't part of either weather warning, but it did get some snow and earlier in the day motorists were being advised not to use the Perimeter Highway because of slippery conditions and blowing snow.