Radio question of the day: 02/21/07

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you were going to be proposed to, would you want your soon to be fiance to have the ring already or would you like him to propose and then go pick out the rings together?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
already have it, my ex took his daughter and picked out the ring all by themselves, and that meant more than getting "the perfect" ring, he got exactly what I wanted anyway!

tamme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got my M.I.L.'s engagement ring. Then I lost it. Then I got to design a new one with our house insurance money. I got it designed for the job I was doing but now I want something that will display the diamond more

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I cought wind that my boyfriend was going to ask me to marry him I would be all about picking out the ring only because I hate surprises! but it would be sooo darn sweet if he picked one out on his own and he came outta no where with a proposal

Dan and i did some ring shopping so he knows what I like..the rest is on him now

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I let Epona choose her engagement ring- it would have been awful if she had said she would marry me but wanted to return the ring I had chosen

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's up to the guy. If he would prefer to go ring shopping with me, that's fine. If he would like to surprise me, I'd trust his judgement!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would want him to surprise me, like Nat said, he should know my extravagant taste.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well what I did was after my best friend's bridal shower we went to the mall to exchange some leingerie that she didn't like. We had to go into the jewelry store with another friend who needed to make a payemnt. That friend's mother is an old friend of the jewelry store's assistant manager.

So we all got chatting and the jewelry lady gave me their bridal booklet that talked all about diamonds and I tried on some rings I liked. So we circled the ones I liked. Then I circled the one I loved the most like a few dozen times. Then I gave the booklet to DH.

About a month or so later DH proposed, with the ring I'd circled so enthusiastically! I still love it! DH did a good job picking the stones too. The jewelry lady later told me he'd refused one wrap (my ring is a solitair with a wrap) because the stones didn't match the solitair right or something like that.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I would want to be surprised.

My son-in-law picked out my daughters ring, they had talked about getting married, but that was it. He went and picked out the ring and everything, then after he bought it, he lost it
But then he found it.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH & I were on vacation with his friends who just got engaged. She kept going on and on about how HUGE her diamond was. DH said he knew what to get me and when he described the ring, it was the opposite of what I wanted. Day after we came home we went shopping for ideas. The second day we found the perfect diamond and setting. He asked me to step aside, called his dad & checked his CC balances. Next thing I knew he made a down payment. Of course I slapped him for doing it in front of me. LoL