Ferris really is a total sweetheart!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He was actually not angry with me yesterday after the vets visit, rather, he kept peering at me from across the room with a look of saddened disappointment on his face, like: "Meowmy, how could you?!"

Later in the evening, I made him a dish full of chicken baby food and gave Ginger her regular wet. Ferris came when called for supper, but hesitantly at first.

He sniffed his bowl, took a lick at the food, then walked away a few feet and sat with his back to me for a moment. Then he made up his mind, and turned around and started walking back over. I thought he'd go straight to his bowl, but instead, he came right to me and bumped my hand, purring!

I said, "Thank you for forgiving me, I love you my little boy."

Ferris really does love me, and despite the terrible trauma of being put in the cage/carrier and the shame of peeing all over himself, he has completely forgiven me. Later on last evening, he came up and spent a good 45 minutes taking a nap on my lap as I petted him.

Already I just can't imagine my life without him in it!
He's such a special little guy!

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww... Glad to hear that Ferris has forgiven you, he has such a sweet face that I can't imagine him doing anything bad....

Unless he is just waiting for an opportunity for revenge

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay!!!

All that love and attention you've been showering him with is doing you justice!!!

Well done, corner turned!!!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwwww Betsy that is so beautiful
and its equally beautiful how in tune you are with your precious baby's.
.......... and they feel it!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So glad all is forgiven. Ferris is such a sweet little guy who obvioulsy loves his meowmy very much!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Awwwww Betsy that is so beautiful
and its equally beautiful how in tune you are with your precious baby's.
.......... and they feel it!
Aww, that is such a nice thing to say to me, thank you!

Not bad for a former long-time bird owner that has only had cats for a year and a half! I'm proud of myself, but it is all because of TCS that I am able to be such a good meowmy!

I don't know what I would do without you all!

Thank you all for your caring and support!!!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It's good that he doesn't hold a grudge. Of course, his special treat might have something to do with it.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwwww.....doesn't it make you cry when our babies show us how much they love and trust us?

As for the peeing part, I don't know about you, but I would be pretty embarrassed if I peed all over myself, too!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lnbandcats

Awwwwww.....doesn't it make you cry when our babies show us how much they love and trust us?

As for the peeing part, I don't know about you, but I would be pretty embarrassed if I peed all over myself, too!
Oh he really, really was, and I could see it - it wasn't just fear, he was embarrassed!

I told him over and over throughout our trip there and back that it was ok, that he was a good boy, and that it was ok that he peed on himself because it was just an accident because he is scared, and that nobody was mad at him.

I just kept talking to him calmly trying to explain that I was worried about him and just wanted the vet to make sure he was ok, and that I PROMISED I would take him home right afrward, and that I will ALWAYS take him back home with me.

I seriously think that they understand much more than lots of people give them credit for, and I think that if I hadn't had that continual one-sided conversation with him there and back that things may have gone differently and that he'd still be upset with me.

I'm so glad he's a smart little character, and I was SO relieved when he forgave me last night!

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, I think that is so try of most animals. One time Sophie pooped in her carrier on the way to the vets and I know she was embarrassed! And do Ferris or Ginger ever get embarrassed when you laugh at them? My girls do!
They give me the most reproving look, like "Mom, how can you laugh at me?"

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that is SO wonderful!!! I am so happy for you Betsy!!! See what your patience & understanding has brought you? The trust, love & respect of such a wonderful little guy!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lnbandcats

And do Ferris or Ginger ever get embarrassed when you laugh at them? My girls do!
They give me the most reproving look, like "Mom, how can you laugh at me?"
Oh, I do my BEST not to let them see/hear me laugh at them! They DO like to maintain their dignity!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's really sweet, Betsy. I think you're right about your chatter to him. They really do understand a great deal more than a lot of people give them credit for. I'm glad he understood and forgave you.

It really is humbling, isn't it, when they show their trust.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Awwwwwwwww, we all love Ferris, no doubt!! Ginger too!
It was TCS vibes that brought him home to me, so in a way, he belongs to everyone that sent out good vibes for him!!

I love that you guys all love him, too!
He is really darned cute, if I do say so myself!