TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › So this is how you feel...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

So this is how you feel...

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 
When you take milk of magnesia and have a nervous stomach. I haven't even started the phoso soda yet. That comes at 4 o clock tonight.
I have a feeling it's going to be a long day.

Is it Thursday yet? I can't have coffee with cream or sugar until then.(and then only after the colonoscopy at 10.) Just black, yucky. I guess I'll have to suffer huh?

Susie, I am beginning to understand now what you went through. (YUCK!)
post #2 of 23
Good luck! The prep is the worse!!!
post #3 of 23
Aw poor you... It will all be over soon.
post #4 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugen View Post
I haven't even started the phoso soda yet. That comes at 4 o clock tonight.
Is that the stuff in the green bottle that is supposed to taste like sprite? Yuck!
post #5 of 23
Poor you!
post #6 of 23
hopefully you find out what is going on, the prep is always the hard part to get through.
post #7 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom View Post
Is that the stuff in the green bottle that is supposed to taste like sprite? Yuck!

no, Actually they gave me something called fleet prep. I told them I couldn't drink a gallon of that icky stuff so they gave me this stuff instead. You are supposed to drink three 8oz glasses of water each with one 1tbsp in them of this clear looking stuff on the first day and then on the day of the colonoscopy you have to get up three hours before you have your exam and drink another three glasses. YUMMERS! Can't wait to try it. If it's as fun as the Milk of Magnesia, I'll be so happy. (UGH!) Warning, yucky stuff ahead. Hope hubby doesn't have to go potty in the next couple of days!
post #8 of 23
That so does not sound like fun. I hate feeling like I gotta go all the time.
post #9 of 23
Thread Starter 
I just hope that Friday I can work 13 hours and not be in the potty every 5 minutes.
post #10 of 23
that it's not too horrible an experience, Barb, and that you're back up to par by Friday. BTW, you've got some very appropriate smilies there!
post #11 of 23
Oh Barb, you bring back some fond memories.......... Really and truly, the procedure isn't bad.........it's the prep that stinks. Friday you'll be fine! I pottied my heart out on Thursday and had it done Friday. Once we left there, I had Jerry take me to Bob Evans to feed me!!
post #12 of 23
The prep sucks I have had it several time. The one I realy hate is the 2 gallons of salty tasting fruit punch (I can't remember the exact name for it) the best one is a little bottle of lemmon flavored carbonated soda. But don't go far from the potty. I send VIBES your way....
post #13 of 23
Thread Starter 
And so it begins. The three glasses of yucky phoso soda wasn't so bad, but now I'm waiting for "the other" side to start. (and I'm still hungry )
Might not be on to much tonight, I guess we'll see. Anyone have any air freshner??
post #14 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugen View Post
And so it begins. The three glasses of yucky phoso soda wasn't so bad, but now I'm waiting for "the other" side to start. (and I'm still hungry )
Might not be on to much tonight, I guess we'll see. Anyone have any air freshner??
Stay on TCS! It helped me take my mind off of my hunger........as for the going to the potty, make sure your puter is close to it!! You have to look at all of this with as much sense of humor as you can Barb......
post #15 of 23
Thread Starter 
My poor tummy is growling... Back in a minute.
post #16 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugen View Post
My poor tummy is growling... Back in a minute.
Did they tell you you can have clear juice, clear broth, jellos?
post #17 of 23
Thread Starter 
yes, I've eaten some Jello and it was icky. I am not a Jello fan. I have Broth in the kitchen, but it's also right next to the Dove Chocolates. Honeys napping so I am willing to wait to get some, otherwise they might see some chocolates up in there! LOL!
post #18 of 23
EEEWWWW! I had a colonoscopy last November. That phospho-soda was nasty! I tried mixing it with apple juice...GAK!!!! Salty apple juice. I still can't even think about apple juice. My only advice...once it starts working...make sure you check the toilet before you flush. I was afraid I'd find my brains in there!

Pookie & the girls
post #19 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo View Post
..make sure you check the toilet before you flush. I was afraid I'd find my brains in there!

Pookie & the girls
post #20 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo View Post
EEEWWWW! I had a colonoscopy last November. That phospho-soda was nasty! I tried mixing it with apple juice...GAK!!!! Salty apple juice. I still can't even think about apple juice. My only advice...once it starts working...make sure you check the toilet before you flush. I was afraid I'd find my brains in there!

Pookie & the girls

I think they are already gone. LOL!
post #21 of 23
Oh no! That sounds really bad! I hope I never have to go through this!!! You are definitely in my thoughts as you go through this! I love that smiley on the toilet with the other one waiting outside. It cracks me up! Reminds me of me waiting for hubby to get out of the toilet!
post #22 of 23
I always find popsicles help with the hunger.I'm not a jello fan either. I have to hasve a scope yearly! Each time I dread them.
post #23 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenandcats View Post
I always find popsicles help with the hunger.I'm not a jello fan either. I have to hasve a scope yearly! Each time I dread them.
Oh hon, I am so sorry. I don't know how you do it.
My booty is on fire. I think I'm going to cry! Never again. 9:30 Thurs can't come fast enough.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › So this is how you feel...